Seeking an attorney regarding partnership for rental property

Seeking an attorney regarding partnership for rental property

Member since 2020 · 49 posts · 27 votes

Hello,

I am still in the process of preparing to purchase my first rental property. Most likely, I will be buying property in Chicago with a partner. Based on research I've done on BiggerPockets, it is recommended for the investor to set up an LLC when partnering with someone on a rental property. If someone can recommend to me a lawyer familiar with setting up business partnership for rental properties, can you please recommend them to me? I would like to seek advise for this venture.

Thank you!

2Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
Moderator
Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y

@Tim Matthews - Congrats on moving forward with your first purchase!  Always a ton of work to get to the closing

I've got a couple of decent attornies in mind, shoot me a PM and can provide their contact details.  What area of Chicago are you investing in?

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.