How to transition a property from Sole Proprietor to LLC?

How to transition a property from Sole Proprietor to LLC?

Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 3 votes

Hi All, 

I read a bunch of different forum posts on the different approaches, but was curious if anyone had the tactical (step by step) process for this question. 

1. What is the step-by-step process to transition an existing triplex from being owned personally into an LLC?

2. Moving forward, how do I set myself up so that I do not need to do this moving forward, but can buy every future property under an LLC?

- Do I need to/should I work with an attorney and/or CPA?

I feel like I'm making this harder than it needs to be, so I was curious if any one had a K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid) process for how they work through question 1 and question 2 step by step?

Thank you in advance for anyone willing to share how they approach these instances.

Nick Zasowski

0Reply
20 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ashish AcharyaBusiness Member
    CPA, CFP®, PFS · FL · Member since 2017 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nick Zasowski:

    Hi All, 

    I read a bunch of different forum posts on the different approaches, but was curious if anyone had the tactical (step by step) process for this question. 

    1. What is the step-by-step process to transition an existing triplex from being owned personally into an LLC?

    2. Moving forward, how do I set myself up so that I do not need to do this moving forward, but can buy every future property under an LLC?

    - Do I need to/should I work with an attorney and/or CPA?

    I feel like I'm making this harder than it needs to be, so I was curious if any one had a K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid) process for how they work through question 1 and question 2 step by step?

    Thank you in advance for anyone willing to share how they approach these instances.

    Nick Zasowski

    - Transferring a property is very easy and fairly cheap. However, complication comes when you have multiple people involved and you acquired property under one name.  

    - Depending on your strategy, lender will want this to be on your personal name, so you mighty not want to put this in LLC to begin with.

    INVESTOR FRIENDLY CPA®5241 Reviews
    TaxMD® | Tax Planning Software
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.