Hi everyone! I am looking to invest into Section 8 housing. What City and State would you recommend me to look into to do this? Thanks a lot. I would appreciate your honest opinions!
Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 612 posts · 666 votes
2y
I have a few section 8 in my Metro Detroit Portfolio. Great Price/Rent ratios (technically #1 in the country...just saying lol) For real though, it has a very strong rental demand, low price to entry, plenty of jobs....and did I mention low price to entry? Just can't beat the cash flow.
$100k a year off 16 properties. Started buying 2019. Here is my portfolio for proof....
Investor · Arroyo Grande, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y
There is SO much to unpack here.
First, people seem to be getting crazy about Section 8 housing. I don't know if it's the thought that this de-risks out of state investing to some degree (I'm not convinced it does). Or maybe they think they can get lower cost properties with higher rents and the numbers will then "work" in our new higher interest rate environment.
None of these are good reasons to get into Section 8. I have a handful of S8 tenants in Detroit. I like the program for the most part. But offering a house to only Section 8 qualified tenants is never something I'd personally do. It's a mistake.
If you're looking for a market that has a low monetary barrier to entry, I don't believe you'll find a better one than Detroit today. And there's significant upside in terms of appreciation if you invest right. I will die on that hill.
Real Estate Agent · Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 612 posts · 666 votes
2y
I have a few section 8 in my Metro Detroit Portfolio. Great Price/Rent ratios (technically #1 in the country...just saying lol) For real though, it has a very strong rental demand, low price to entry, plenty of jobs....and did I mention low price to entry? Just can't beat the cash flow.
$100k a year off 16 properties. Started buying 2019. Here is my portfolio for proof....
Hi everyone! I am looking to invest into Section 8 housing. What City and State would you recommend me to look into to do this? Thanks a lot. I would appreciate your honest opinions!
Hey Gary ! Would love to discuss some financing options with you for Bridge, fix and flip, ground up construction, and DSCR loans all no income no doc and requiring no experience to get your section 8 portfolio up and running . Can alwys be reached at 267-516-0896 [email protected]
Hi everyone! I am looking to invest into Section 8 housing. What City and State would you recommend me to look into to do this? Thanks a lot. I would appreciate your honest opinions!
We've had a ton of success with Section 8 properties in the following locations.
Cleveland, Ohio
Akron, Ohio
Toledo, Ohio
Columbus, Ohio
Cincinnati, Ohio
Youngstown, Ohio
Canton, Ohio
Elyria, Ohio
Lorain, Ohio
If you are looking for boots on the ground CLICK HERE for more information. At HoltonWise we can help you buy, renovate, manage, insure and everything else you need with your properties should you choose to invest in those markets.
First, people seem to be getting crazy about Section 8 housing. I don't know if it's the thought that this de-risks out of state investing to some degree (I'm not convinced it does). Or maybe they think they can get lower cost properties with higher rents and the numbers will then "work" in our new higher interest rate environment.
None of these are good reasons to get into Section 8. I have a handful of S8 tenants in Detroit. I like the program for the most part. But offering a house to only Section 8 qualified tenants is never something I'd personally do. It's a mistake.
If you're looking for a market that has a low monetary barrier to entry, I don't believe you'll find a better one than Detroit today. And there's significant upside in terms of appreciation if you invest right. I will die on that hill.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I greatly appreciate it.
Hi everyone! I am looking to invest into Section 8 housing. What City and State would you recommend me to look into to do this? Thanks a lot. I would appreciate your honest opinions!
Hi Gary, I personally love Columbus Ohio and as someone who works with a lot of out of state investors - there's so many catalysts for why you should invest here. Specifically, there's job growth (Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide, etc) and the population is growing (unlike Cleveland or Cincy). I really see Columbus Ohio as an extremely safe bet for the next 10-20 years. Plus, there's still so many positive cash flowing and 1% deals here in Columbus Ohio. As a local investor and agent here in Columbus, let me know if you have any questions or want to connect!
Hi everyone! I am looking to invest into Section 8 housing. What City and State would you recommend me to look into to do this? Thanks a lot. I would appreciate your honest opinions!
You can do section 8 in any market. I have section 8 rentals in Columbus, Ohio
Hi everyone! I am looking to invest into Section 8 housing. What City and State would you recommend me to look into to do this? Thanks a lot. I would appreciate your honest opinions!
Hi Gary, I personally love Columbus Ohio and as someone who works with a lot of out of state investors - there's so many catalysts for why you should invest here. Specifically, there's job growth (Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide, etc) and the population is growing (unlike Cleveland or Cincy). I really see Columbus Ohio as an extremely safe bet for the next 10-20 years. Plus, there's still so many positive cash flowing and 1% deals here in Columbus Ohio. As a local investor and agent here in Columbus, let me know if you have any questions or want to connect!
hi jimmy, would like to connect if there is a deal that would fit a great rental potential. are you a broker who could get off market deals or do you have a deals on regular basis? thank you!
Hi everyone! I am looking to invest into Section 8 housing. What City and State would you recommend me to look into to do this? Thanks a lot. I would appreciate your honest opinions!
Hi Gary, I personally love Columbus Ohio and as someone who works with a lot of out of state investors - there's so many catalysts for why you should invest here. Specifically, there's job growth (Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide, etc) and the population is growing (unlike Cleveland or Cincy). I really see Columbus Ohio as an extremely safe bet for the next 10-20 years. Plus, there's still so many positive cash flowing and 1% deals here in Columbus Ohio. As a local investor and agent here in Columbus, let me know if you have any questions or want to connect!
hi jimmy, would like to connect if there is a deal that would fit a great rental potential. are you a broker who could get off market deals or do you have a deals on regular basis? thank you!
Broker aren't in the biz of getting off market deals. Brokers are in the biz of putting properties on the market. How else do you think they get on the market?
Hi everyone! I am looking to invest into Section 8 housing. What City and State would you recommend me to look into to do this? Thanks a lot. I would appreciate your honest opinions!
Cleveland of course. I just got 875 for a 2 br , all in 50k, great ROI. Last week I got 800 for a 1 br , I will get 1300- 1400 for my 5 br, all in 70k,