Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 15 votes
Hi BP, I am a newer investor (1 LLC, 3 properties) here in CA. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good CPA in San Diego or LA who has experience doing taxes for real estate investors.
Given we are accountants, we cannot promote our services on BP as its against the rules.
To help in your search:
be sure to find an accountant who is willing to grow with you, and is not too high priced fee-wise. Not too low either, you don't want to go with someone who is just focused on price as this is a quality of a not-so-great accountant. Accountants are in such demand, that the best are not even accepting clients half the time.
The other problem I see often with accountants on here is that they specialize in larger investors, and have really high prices when you as a smaller investor do not need all the bells and whistles.
Another thing I see is folks thinking they need to have a tax professional in their state. We as a firm have investors working with us who have rental properties all over the US big and small.
Finding a real estate-focused tax professional and one who can help with advisory and grow with you would be my suggestion to focus your efforts on finding. Best of luck in your search!
Given we are accountants, we cannot promote our services on BP as its against the rules.
To help in your search:
be sure to find an accountant who is willing to grow with you, and is not too high priced fee-wise. Not too low either, you don't want to go with someone who is just focused on price as this is a quality of a not-so-great accountant. Accountants are in such demand, that the best are not even accepting clients half the time.
The other problem I see often with accountants on here is that they specialize in larger investors, and have really high prices when you as a smaller investor do not need all the bells and whistles.
Another thing I see is folks thinking they need to have a tax professional in their state. We as a firm have investors working with us who have rental properties all over the US big and small.
Finding a real estate-focused tax professional and one who can help with advisory and grow with you would be my suggestion to focus your efforts on finding. Best of luck in your search!
Hi BP, I am a newer investor (1 LLC, 3 properties) here in CA. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good CPA in San Diego or LA who has experience doing taxes for real estate investors.
@Laura Newton There are a number of competent tax professionals commenting on the forums here. Pick a few and message them to see who will work best with you. Good luck!
In your search for an accountant, I would recommend seeking an accountant who also has personal real estate experience so that they can not only help you with your bookkeeping and tax needs, but also guide you and give you tangible recommendations for your real estate career.
Additionally, in today’s day and age, accountants are able to deliver the same caliber work to you from anywhere in the country. The best accountants and CPAs will be able to offer you a secure document transfer system in order to keep your sensitive information safe, and also be able to conduct their bookkeeping and tax return services electronically as well, saving both time and money.
In my personal ventures into real estate, I have started several LLCs and would be happy to share my real estate experiences with you. Feel free to connect with me!
I recommend finding an accountant that specializes in real estate taxation. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.
I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.
Hi BP, I am a newer investor (1 LLC, 3 properties) here in CA. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good CPA in San Diego or LA who has experience doing taxes for real estate investors.
Hey Laura, we specialize in real estate at TrueBooks! We actually currently work with Robuilt who is the co-host of bigger pockets.