Looking for someone to help me with a cost seg.

Looking for someone to help me with a cost seg.

Ben S.Pro Member
Member since 2020 · 48 posts · 25 votes

I've got multiple properties that I may want to do a cost seg. on.  Can any one help me with this?

1Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael PlaksPro Member
Tax Accountant / Enrolled Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 5k+ posts · 6k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Ben S.:
I've got multiple properties that I may want to do a cost seg. on.  Can any one help me with this?

Each of these people own a cost segregation company:  @Bernard Reisz, @Yonah Weiss, @Julio Gonzalez.

And make sure to read this first:
https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/1075919-five-...

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y

    Hey @Ben S., you may want to check with @Chris Schmidt-Loffler and his firm.

  • Michael PlaksPro Member
    Tax Accountant / Enrolled Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 5k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Ben S.:
    I've got multiple properties that I may want to do a cost seg. on.  Can any one help me with this?

    Each of these people own a cost segregation company:  @Bernard Reisz, @Yonah Weiss, @Julio Gonzalez.

    And make sure to read this first:
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/1075919-five-...

  • Bernard ReiszPro Member
    CPA delivering RE Tax Tools: 1031 Exchange, SDIRA, 401(k), Cost Seg · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 581 posts · 563 votes
    1y

    @Michael Plaks Honored by the mention! Thank you!

    @Ben S. As is highlighted by Michael's phenomenal posts on the subject, when exploring cost seg, there needs to be a focus on the cost seg service itself, as well as on how cost seg fits into your overall tax strategy. 

    Best way to move forward is by getting a free cost seg feasibility analyses from reputable provider and then assessing how accelerating deductions impacts your tax liability.

  • Specialist · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 876 posts · 396 votes
    1y

    I've used RE Cost Seg. They are great. I believe they charge $2500 for a property up to $700K.

  • Specialist · MI · Member since 2024 · 49 posts · 11 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jaycee Greene:

    Hey @Ben S., you may want to check with @Chris Schmidt-Loffler and his firm.

     Thank you @Jaycee Greene! Hey Ben, happy to help! Will connect with you now.

  • Malik JavedBusiness Member
    Specialist · Los Angeles California · Member since 2024 · 90 posts · 38 votes
    1y

    @Ben S.  Below is my contact info - feel free to DM me!  My firm has been conducting cost segregation studies nationwide since 1999. Happy to help and answer any questions you may have.

    KBKG | Tax Credits • Incentives • Cost Recovery 51 Review
  • Sean GrahamBusiness Member
    Investor , CPA · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 582 posts · 248 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jaycee Greene:

    Hey @Ben S., you may want to check with @Chris Schmidt-Loffler and his firm.

    I’d second this :)

    Maven Cost Segregation Tax Advisors554 Reviews
  • Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 8 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Ben S.:

    I've got multiple properties that I may want to do a cost seg. on.  Can any one help me with this?


     Ben, we just completed a Cost Seg on one property with Engineered Tax Services. We had interviewed 4 companies. All of their pricing was similar, although two were less (including Engineered) and two were more. What stood out about Engineered Tax Services was that Charina Padilla helped us out above and beyond. Three of the four companies followed up with us to ask if we were still interested in engaging them / a cost seg. I told each that our challenge was that we needed to consult with our CPA to make this decision - but we needed a NEW CPA because our prior one kind of stunk and didn't understand Cost Seg. and was against it. Charina was the only one who made the effort to help us fine a great new CPA. Our new CPA helped us decide to do one of our two properties and now the Cost Seg is done. I'm very happy with Engineered Tax Services. 

    • Julio GonzalezPro Member
      Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Dan Lucchesi:
      Quote from @Ben S.:

      I've got multiple properties that I may want to do a cost seg. on.  Can any one help me with this?


       Ben, we just completed a Cost Seg on one property with Engineered Tax Services. We had interviewed 4 companies. All of their pricing was similar, although two were less (including Engineered) and two were more. What stood out about Engineered Tax Services was that Charina Padilla helped us out above and beyond. Three of the four companies followed up with us to ask if we were still interested in engaging them / a cost seg. I told each that our challenge was that we needed to consult with our CPA to make this decision - but we needed a NEW CPA because our prior one kind of stunk and didn't understand Cost Seg. and was against it. Charina was the only one who made the effort to help us fine a great new CPA. Our new CPA helped us decide to do one of our two properties and now the Cost Seg is done. I'm very happy with Engineered Tax Services. 


       Thanks for the great review, Ben. ETS has enjoyed working with you!

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    @Michael Plaks thanks for the mention!


    Here's an article with things to consider when selecting a cost segregation company. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51-tax-legal-issues-con...

  • Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 8 votes
    1y

    https://engineeredtaxservices.com/services/cost-segregation?ref_id=qymngls

    Here is the link to Engineered Tax Services info about their cost segregation services. 

  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    The first thing you want to do is have a discussion with a CPA to see if a cost segregation study is beneficial to you.

    You don't want to pay for an item that you may potentially not get a benefit from.

    Best of luck

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.