PML/Investor Looking to Network

PML/Investor Looking to Network

Member since 2026 · 3 posts · 3 votes

Hello all, I'm just learning the ropes, but I've got capital to deploy and I'm eager to get started. I'm based in central VA looking to network with industry pros in VA and the Carolinas.

 

3Reply
109 views

Most Popular Reply

Arman AhmedPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 926 votes
3mo
Quote from @Megan Harris:

Hello all, I'm just learning the ropes, but I've got capital to deploy and I'm eager to get started. I'm based in central VA looking to network with industry pros in VA and the Carolinas.

 


Good spot to start, especially if you already have capital ready to deploy. In your situation, the biggest advantage isn’t just networking locally, it’s getting exposure to active deal flow and operators who are doing repeatable volume. VA and the Carolinas can work, but many newer investors also end up comparing those markets with Midwest areas, where entry prices are lower, and cash flow tends to be more predictable for long-term rentals. Either way, I’d focus first on building relationships with active investors, property managers, and lenders so you can see real deals and underwriting in motion before committing capital. That will sharpen your decision-making faster than anything else.
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Orlando, FL · Member since 2023 · 220 posts · 183 votes
    3mo

    Hey Megan,

    Welcome to the community! One of the best things you can do early on is get involved with a local REIA. I'm an active member of several REIAs throughout the Carolinas, and they've been a great way to build relationships with investors, lenders, contractors, agents, and other professionals in the industry. Being around people who are actively doing deals can really accelerate the learning process.

    I also work as a hard money lender, so if you ever have questions about financing, deal structure, or just want a second opinion on a potential investment, feel free to reach out. I'm always happy to help where I can.

  • Real Estate Agent · Greenville, SC · Member since 2026 · 1 post · 1 vote
    3mo

    Hi Megan, welcome to BP! I'm an investment real estate agent in South Carolina. I would love to connect with you! Feel free to message me so we can setup a time to chat. 

  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 926 votes
    3mo
    Quote from @Megan Harris:

    Hello all, I'm just learning the ropes, but I've got capital to deploy and I'm eager to get started. I'm based in central VA looking to network with industry pros in VA and the Carolinas.

     


    Good spot to start, especially if you already have capital ready to deploy. In your situation, the biggest advantage isn’t just networking locally, it’s getting exposure to active deal flow and operators who are doing repeatable volume. VA and the Carolinas can work, but many newer investors also end up comparing those markets with Midwest areas, where entry prices are lower, and cash flow tends to be more predictable for long-term rentals. Either way, I’d focus first on building relationships with active investors, property managers, and lenders so you can see real deals and underwriting in motion before committing capital. That will sharpen your decision-making faster than anything else.
  • Member since 2026 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    3mo

    Great advice! Thank you, Arman :)

  • Investor · Member since 2026 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    3mo

    Hey Megan, Welcome to BP.   I come across many properties that are often not a good fit for our buy box.   I'd like to learn more about your buy box and see if theres anything I have I can send you.  

    Give me a call 

    Chris Nordstrom

    206-840-9966

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.