Seeking referral for Certified Financial Planner (CFP) in Ohio

Seeking referral for Certified Financial Planner (CFP) in Ohio

Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 131 posts · 183 votes

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) that they would recommend, preferably in the Columbus/Central Ohio area. It would also be ideal if they had some familiarity with traditional retirement vehicles, real estate investments, and retirement benefits unique to federal government employees. Thanks in advance!

1Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    4y

    I would recommend you take a look at NAPFA first to see all of the fee-only financial planners in your area. This will keep you away from advisors that might be inclined to sell you products. If you don’t find anything there, I would recommend you take a look at XYPN next. You can sort by location and specializations. Again, these are fee-only planners who are all CFPs. Hope this helps!

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 131 posts · 183 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Johnson:

    I would recommend you take a look at NAPFA first to see all of the fee-only financial planners in your area. This will keep you away from advisors that might be inclined to sell you products. If you don’t find anything there, I would recommend you take a look at XYPN next. You can sort by location and specializations. Again, these are fee-only planners who are all CFPs. Hope this helps!

     Thanks, sounds like great advice and a great place to start - much appreciated!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.