I'm looking for a financial planner who is a REI (if possible)

I'm looking for a financial planner who is a REI (if possible)

Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 10 votes

I am having a hard time finding a financial planner (advisor) that can help me organize myself.    

Does anyone know of any that are more open to REI's (or is one themselves) that can help structure my plan?

Am I limited to financial planners local or can they be out of state?  

Any insight, tips or advice is welcome.

Thanks 

Christine

1Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    3y

    Hey @Christine Krevalin - as you have found, there aren’t a lot of financial planners that understand, advocate for and even invest in real estate themselves. As an additional layer, many times the advice provided can have a goal of selling a product, like insurance or asset management. It is important to seek out a fee-only financial planner, and most times you will probably have to hire someone that isn’t local to you to find someone with expertise in Real Estate. 

    I’ve been a real estate investor for 15 years and decided 2 years ago to start a financial planning company that would focus on working with real estate investors utilizing a flat-fee/fee-only structure. There are some other great places to look for an advisor, one of which is XY Planning Network and the other is NAPFA. Both of these organizations have Find An Advisor tools. 

    Hope this helps!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.