Max out 401k or invest in real estate

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greg ScottPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Kevin Scott

    Coincidental last name, but I do not believe we are related.

    I've been with the same company for 22 years and am now quite disappointed that for 18 years I diligently maxed out my 401(k).   Now that I know how to make money in real estate, I often don't contribute, or when I do, I do the minimum to get matching funds.  I do everything I can to get money out of it now, including getting hardship withdrawals (which I don't really need, but are totally legal) against my kids tuition bills.

    If I had not so diligently funded my retirement account, I would already be retired!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.