Home Possible loan with 693 Fico score?

Home Possible loan with 693 Fico score?

Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 10 votes

Hey everyone! I'm looking to apply for a loan and possibly use the Home Possible program with 5% down to purchase a duplex property to live in and rent out the other unit. Is my current 693 score too low or will it cause any issues with the loan process? 

Sidenote: I have a 7 year old charge off that's due to fall off of my credit report in October. However, I was hoping to purchase a home by the summer of this year. Do I have to wait for that to fall off? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Some background: I never keep a revolving balance on any of my credit cards. I don't have any debts apart from student loans. I have some old charge offs - 1 is 7 years old the other is 5 years old. I always make my credit payments on time.

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Harjeet BhattiPro Member
Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
8y

This is good score. Home possible has lower MI  compare to regular conventional loan and lower interest rate.  This is good product for 2-4 units. As you mention you have paid all your bills on time so don't think its going to impact huge on your credit score after 7 years pass on charge off. You can consult credit  repair company and see if thats help. 

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Harjeet BhattiPro Member
    Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
    8y

    This is good score. Home possible has lower MI  compare to regular conventional loan and lower interest rate.  This is good product for 2-4 units. As you mention you have paid all your bills on time so don't think its going to impact huge on your credit score after 7 years pass on charge off. You can consult credit  repair company and see if thats help. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    8y
    Byron W. 693 can get you a loan - there are many other factors as well. If your above 650 and can keep DTI under 40% including the house and house only under 28% that is in the QM range.
    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Shelbyville, IN · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    @Chris Seveney,,,    What is QM?   

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.