New to this forum. I have recently joined a new insurance carrier that specialized in rental properties (you may have heard our ad on the podcast).
I'm interested to know more about your insurance needs - what do you care about? Is it just the price? Are you buying your insurance only through agents/brokers? that kind of stuff.
Rental Property Investor · Burlington County, NJ · Member since 2019 · 540 posts · 771 votes
4y
Use a broker. Price is the most important. Insurance is a major expense that only buys us downside protection--unlike property upgrades, maintenance, property management, etc, from which we receive tangible benefits. Also, actually using the insurance causes the cost to go up for for the subject property and others. Thus, even though we have it, we'll only use it in a serious situation. Thus, for us, it's all about the price.
Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 32 votes
4y
I get mine through a broker. Price is primary concern and reliability secondary. Mostly looking to protect the investment. Personally, I'd rather be proactive on things like water supply pipes and the like to prevent any issues. I don't normally plan to file a claim, but I do want protection against a large (or total) loss.
Rental Property Investor · Burlington County, NJ · Member since 2019 · 540 posts · 771 votes
4y
Use a broker. Price is the most important. Insurance is a major expense that only buys us downside protection--unlike property upgrades, maintenance, property management, etc, from which we receive tangible benefits. Also, actually using the insurance causes the cost to go up for for the subject property and others. Thus, even though we have it, we'll only use it in a serious situation. Thus, for us, it's all about the price.