Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 77 posts · 25 votes
I currently work for an investment brokerage out here in CO. I wanted to see what people are seeing in their markets. Want to know what works and what doesn't to see if it is comparable to out here in Denver.
Rental Property Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2016 · 740 posts · 529 votes
3y
yes, why not? the math is the math. If the math still makes sense, its better than leaving $ in bank accounts losing $. Just keep your head up and moving forward and turn off the news and look at your proforma.
Realtor · West Michigan · Member since 2017 · 105 posts · 53 votes
3y
@Jacob Krafka - as the saying goes, "if the numbers make sense..." people will invest. I'm in western Michigan and work with quite a few investors, flippers, STR owners. My market is still going strong although homes are sitting a little longer and prices are cooling a little. There are plenty of homes here to invest in!
@Jacob Krafka - as the saying goes, "if the numbers make sense..." people will invest. I'm in western Michigan and work with quite a few investors, flippers, STR owners. My market is still going strong although homes are sitting a little longer and prices are cooling a little. There are plenty of homes here to invest in!
How are things going in Denver?
Things in Denver are interesting, it comes in waves. But it seems that everyone that was waiting till the new years is now waiting a couple more months... All I see that doing for them is putting them in a more competitive market. So it is interesting, a weird time out here.
Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2020 · 274 posts · 111 votes
3y
Still going in my area.
Things have slowed down for sure but there's always ways to make money in real estate.
We are being cautious, more conservative on the ARV's but others are continuing like nothing has changed... I predict a lot are getting in over their heads
I currently work for an investment brokerage out here in CO. I wanted to see what people are seeing in their markets. Want to know what works and what doesn't to see if it is comparable to out here in Denver.
Our market has gone down 10% from the peak and we are seeing more cashflow opportunities or seller financing options that produce positive cashflow. I am seeing many investors buy on the emerald coast with the intentions of refinancing in the future when rates go down. If the right STR comes to the market with strong numbers on the books and value add, I wouldn't skip that opportunity just to try and "time" the market.
I currently work for an investment brokerage out here in CO. I wanted to see what people are seeing in their markets. Want to know what works and what doesn't to see if it is comparable to out here in Denver.
Our market has gone down 10% from the peak and we are seeing more cashflow opportunities or seller financing options that produce positive cashflow. I am seeing many investors buy on the emerald coast with the intentions of refinancing in the future when rates go down. If the right STR comes to the market with strong numbers on the books and value add, I wouldn't skip that opportunity just to try and "time" the market.
Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 243 posts · 253 votes
3y
My fiance and I just purchased a cash-flowing SFH in November and are set to close on another on Friday. Our strategy is a bit different than most but we are not planning to slow down at all this year - if anything we will buy MORE properties this year. "When others are fearful be greedy..." Hope that helps!
My fiance and I just purchased a cash-flowing SFH in November and are set to close on another on Friday. Our strategy is a bit different than most but we are not planning to slow down at all this year - if anything we will buy MORE properties this year. "When others are fearful be greedy..." Hope that helps!
Rental Property Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2016 · 740 posts · 529 votes
3y
yes, why not? the math is the math. If the math still makes sense, its better than leaving $ in bank accounts losing $. Just keep your head up and moving forward and turn off the news and look at your proforma.
You need to have clear investment criteria and then look for the deals that meets your investment criteria.
Get as much knowledge and experience as possible and find a mentor.
Join real estate investment clubs.
Get in touch with a local agent or investor and shorten your learning curve and save you a lot of headaches as they tend to understand the market better.
Property Manager · Leominster, MA · Member since 2022 · 103 posts · 50 votes
3y
@Jacob Krafka Yes, but the environment is really competitive. All costs are higher, resale pricing is in flux & acquiring inventory is more expensive and time consuming.
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
3y
Yes, but it's certainly slowed down. I didn't buy a single property in 2022 but I was a little burned out from previous years, I put a lot of time/money into renovating a new office, and I didn't want to pay the crazy prices or compete with others.
There are deals in any market. If you have the money and time, you should be looking.
yes, why not? the math is the math. If the math still makes sense, its better than leaving $ in bank accounts losing $. Just keep your head up and moving forward and turn off the news and look at your proforma.
Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 5k+ votes
3y
Looking at investment type individual units in my area, asking prices held fairly firm for a while. Sellers weren't budging on the price. They were used to listing at 10K above the last sale price of a comp and having 6 offers above ask. Those days are gone.
Prices have come down and sellers have started to accept offers below ask. I'm seeing two clear paths for sellers. Some are pricing units ~10% below the market highs and these are selling quickly. Others are slowly reducing their ask by a couple percent, but their original ask was close to the highs of the market. These aren't moving. Most of the units I'm seeing have been renovated fairly recently, so they may be owned by flippers who are underwater.
Political issues in our area are likely putting a damper on sale prices of investment units. The Eviction Moratorium was just extended again and they are talking about another extension of 6 months after this extension expires. Many "just cause" reasons for evictions have been temporarily banned. Statewide rent control was implemented. Local rent increases have been banned until 2024. When they resume, no doubt they won't let the increases cover the past crazy high inflation, so landlords are going to be screwed. They implemented mandatory lease renewals and payments to tenants for non-renewal. Temporarily banned evictions for owners moving into the unit. And on and on and on.
I am seeing a lot more older and long-term owned apartment buildings hitting the market at what seems like very reasonable prices.
Rental Property Investor · Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y
@Jacob Krafka
Cheap starter homes under 280k in the Dallas/Ft Worth area still selling close to asking price within a few weeks. I just bought one in Dec, Oct and sept. because the numbers still work for me. Market rent is holding steady for cheaper properties in the $1700-$2,200/month range. That’s what I focus on because they are always in demand the most. Low inventory out here in Texas and we’re still growing by 1,000 people a day so I don’t see it slowing down much, or at least until businesses and people stop relocating here.