Landlord Laws - new york not the city

Landlord Laws - new york not the city

Queensbury, NY · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 0 votes

Hey all,

Im a new landlord and I was wondering if any of you knew a good source where I could familiarize myself to a descent extent on the landlord laws in new york, I have a great lawyer but would like to make sure Im doing everything by the books and not get myself into trouble!

Thanks!

0Reply
26 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Hello @Ben Nelson . One of the very first things I do before considering a township is to make contact with the local municipality and ask if they have rent control laws or any other landlord/tenant laws or rules that need to be followed. This is usually the best place to start as their rules will have priority over the state. As for NY state did you go to the NYS gov't website and see if all the laws are published there? In most cases they are.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.