Good tenants!

Good tenants!

Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes

We have a great tenant that has always paid us a week ahead of time.  We always wait till the 15th (due date) to cash his check.  Today he sent a nice letter with his check.  You can't beat a great tenant!

4Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 857 votes
11y

I believe a happy tenant is a good tenant. If you do right by them 95% will appreciate what you do and will do right by you

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    I believe in good(ness) tenants! It is great to see your proof.  I recently became a landlord for the first time despite naysayer CPAs saying its more of a headache than its worth.  I posted my house for rent on Zillow.  I got 20+ inquiries instantly and one lady called me directly.  It was a sign - she was a divorcing mom (something I had gone through) who admitted to horrible credit due to the divorce but solid cash. Everyone said run away but I had a gut feeling that she was good and I wanted to do a good thing for her since I had recently divorced and had "healed" in the house I was renting. She's been amazing and even added gates, etc. at her own expense.  There are good tenants and goodness in the world!  

  • Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
    11y

    @Kelly Maestri

    I agree!  There are good tenants in the world!  It is good to be appreciated as a landlord and also to give back and appreciate your tenants!  It makes the world go round!

    Glad to hear your tenant is working out for you too!  

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 272 posts · 50 votes
    11y

    That's Great!!

     I hope when I get started in rentals I have a tenant like that.:)

  • Realtor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 857 votes
    11y

    I believe a happy tenant is a good tenant. If you do right by them 95% will appreciate what you do and will do right by you

  • Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
    11y

    @Tristan Cortez

      We are very fortunate!  We screened many applicants over a couple months before we found the perfect one!

    @Federico Gutierrez

    Cheers!  Treat people like you want to be treated!

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    11y

    I agree with all sentiments. If you don't believe that most people are genuinely decent people, this is probably the wrong business to be in. In my "other" job, I deal with a very large customer base. 90% of the customers, I don't even know who they are - they pay their bills, on time, every month, and have no complaints. Another 5% pay but are late, or have the occasional issue. The last 5% are trouble, and have a litany of complaints. We, too often, tend to focus on that last 5% without considering that about 95% of our customers are decent people. 

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Insurance Agent · AZ · Member since 2013 · 306 posts · 161 votes
    11y

    @Ryan Billingsley I appreciate you posting this thread, because oftentimes in the Landlord forum it's mostly about ways to not rent to individuals. Don't get me wrong, I know that being a Landlord IS a BUSINESS, and it's about making MONEY, and who wants to deal with a pain in the butt/non-paying tenant. But I believe that the vast majority of people have every intention of paying their rent (and all of their other bills). 

    Unfortunately, as Jd Martin stated, it's all to common to focus on, and make punitive changes based on the "bad apples,"when in actuality 90-95% are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

    Wishing much success with your property(ies) and tenant(s)!

  • Visalia-Fresno, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 863 votes
    11y
    Tristan C. You said "when". What is holding you back? Frank
  • Investor · Hampton Roads, VA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 418 votes
    11y

    I've been very thankful to have great tenants so far.  The ultimate screening guide on BP and my gut have been the reason I've selected great tenants.  I also treat them fairly and respectfully and it maks life drama free.  

  • Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
    11y

    Being a landlord is not that bad!  Buying the property at the right price, finding the ideal tenant, and being a good landlord needs to be the focus rather than the alternative.  

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @Ryan Billingsley:

    We have a great tenant that has always paid us a week ahead of time.  We always wait till the 15th (due date) to cash his check.  Today he sent a nice letter with his check.  You can't beat a great tenant!


     I agree, a good tenant is a good tenant.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.