Reasonable cabinet maker in Kansas City area (for rental)

Reasonable cabinet maker in Kansas City area (for rental)

Kansas City, KS · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 2 votes

Turns out my rental unit has rotten cabinets and will probably need to be replaced. I only have 1 month for fixing it so don't want to go with Ikea or online vendors. Would like someone nearby or big box stores who have it in stock. Since it's rental, they need to be sturdy and not fancy :)

Any idea about a good company in KC metro area who is reliable and reasonable? What should I be looking in cabinets to make sure I don't get the wrong material? 

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Algonquin, IL (Chicago suburbs) · Member since 2014 · 155 posts · 76 votes
10y

I just recently remodeled one of my units with the Hampton Bay in stock cabinets from Home Depot with great success! Highly recommended for an in stock solution that carries great quality! 

Best of luck! 

Brian 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Algonquin, IL (Chicago suburbs) · Member since 2014 · 155 posts · 76 votes
    10y

    I just recently remodeled one of my units with the Hampton Bay in stock cabinets from Home Depot with great success! Highly recommended for an in stock solution that carries great quality! 

    Best of luck! 

    Brian 

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Custom made cabinets will be cost prohibitive. You definitely want to go with a quality, off the shelf cabinet from one of the big box stores.

  • Leawood, KS · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Ketan,

         I got some very good cabinets at one of the surplus stores over at Patriot Surplus, 1227 East 119th Street, Grandview, MO 64030. It was pretty reasonable and I was able to get it quickly. Worth checking it out. 

    Thanks,

    Chandra

  • Kansas City, KS · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks Chandra, I will check those out. As others mentioned, I was leaning towards big orange otherwise :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2014 · 205 posts · 136 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Chandra Venkat:

    Ketan,

         I got some very good cabinets at one of the surplus stores over at Patriot Surplus, 1227 East 119th Street, Grandview, MO 64030. It was pretty reasonable and I was able to get it quickly. Worth checking it out. 

    Thanks,

    Chandra

     Hi Chandra,

    Hope you are doing well. I have bought from Patriot (a granite slab) but they really turned me off with lousy customer service.  They almost would not release the slab to the guy I sent to pick it up, and they never even acknowledge me when I'm walking around their dimly lit warehouse.  Have you been there recently?

  • Leawood, KS · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Hi Cliff,

         It has been a while over the summer. I agree they were not the best for customer services, since mostly they expect people go and talk to them. When I did the cabinets though I was able to get all cabinets for about 800 when the the big box number was about 1600 or so. We had to assemble the cabinets, so adding in about 200 for that, it did seem to pay off pretty well. But that was the only purchase I made from there, haven't found any other needs since then. Are you going to be at the MAREI meeting next week?

    Thanks,

    Chandra

  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 28 votes
    10y

    cabinet giant is located in KC.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.