Desperate Need for a property manager in Kansas City, MO

Desperate Need for a property manager in Kansas City, MO

Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote

I Need a responsive Property Manger I can depend on to get the job done for a couple of rentals in the 64130 zip code.  I need boots on the ground ASAP to handle issues I am having with these properties.  My present PM is not getting the job done.  Stick a fork in me I am done trying to get them to do their job.  Been 6 months trying to get a tenant evicted (this is second time, they screwed up the first eviction and on round two can not get him served) now I have received code violations that need to be addressed.

0Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Lenexa, KS · Member since 2015 · 206 posts · 53 votes
9y

Guys/Gals,

There's no point to posting a negative comment that doesn't help the situation. Yes she's in a "less than desirable" area, that's obvious. But she's in a very painful situation and looking for help, I know there's enough talented and experienced individuals on BP to guide her through this.

Elaine, my GC and I will drive by the properties on or before Sunday, I've already PM'd you to get more info and see when/how we can get access. Whether it's evicting/rehabbing and sourcing new tenants or selling the properties outright I can help you evaluate your options once I have more information. 

Brandon

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 470 posts · 348 votes
    9y

    Eesh, not a zip code that most PMs are too willing to serve. The issue might be with your property not your PM. How did you end up with a property in that area?? Perhaps you thought the proximity to nearby pawn shops would attract quality tenants?

  • Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Does the real estate store ring a bell?  It was billed as passive income with seasoned tenants.  It has been nothing but passive.

  • Property Manager · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hi Elaine .. happy to boldly go where no man has gone before .. My company has actually become a bit of an Asset Recovery Service .. Please feel free to PM me with your needs, am doing I'm sure we can help you.  Regards. 

  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    My advice, don't ever buy in 64130. It's likely the worst zip code in the greater Kansas City area. 

  • Gordon CuffePro Member
    Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
    9y

    If you ever want to exchange out of state investor stories, send me a message. It sounds like you have a pm here but if you want a 2nd referal send me a message. I own in Kansas city also

  • Emporia, KS · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    That's an interesting zip code, especially considering the first link that pops up when you Google it. I'd be curious to hear about your property @Elaine Bright there and what kind of rent it brings in.

  • Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    OK guys kick me while I am down. :-0  Just trying to turn things around now that I am already invested in the area.  Rent is 750 to 850 suppose to be a cap rate of 9%.

  • Leslie, MO · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Not trying to kick while down but yes the first google entry for that zip contains the words "murder factory" I know a PM in KC but I'm guessing she wouldn't be too excited with that area.
  • Lenexa, KS · Member since 2015 · 206 posts · 53 votes
    9y

    Guys/Gals,

    There's no point to posting a negative comment that doesn't help the situation. Yes she's in a "less than desirable" area, that's obvious. But she's in a very painful situation and looking for help, I know there's enough talented and experienced individuals on BP to guide her through this.

    Elaine, my GC and I will drive by the properties on or before Sunday, I've already PM'd you to get more info and see when/how we can get access. Whether it's evicting/rehabbing and sourcing new tenants or selling the properties outright I can help you evaluate your options once I have more information. 

    Brandon

  • Leslie, MO · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    My apologies for being less than helpful. I'm glad to see Brandon might be able to resolve your issue. If not I'll gladly pass on the contact information for the Property Manager I know in the area. I hope your properties produce for you soon, God Bless.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 712 votes
    9y

    To anyone reading this post, before you buy really cheap, high ROI properties in Kansas City, do your homework on the property, the numbers you are being told and the company that is being sold as the management.

    There are good areas and bad areas of our urban core and some of the situations that these marketing folks are offering are just not as advertised.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lawrence, KS · Member since 2016 · 84 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    @Elaine Bright, would you mind sharing who your PM is? Have you found any good candidates for replacement?

  • Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Since I still have dealings with the PM until I can get possession of the keys, I will Private message you instead of making it public info.  You have to be careful these days with what you say on social media sites.  I am still trying to find boots on the ground to get me over my immediate hurdles until I can vet a few PMs for committing to a year relationship.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.