• Real Estate Agent
  • Hopewell Junction, NY
Votes |
Tenants don't want to leave after lease expired

Cynthia Ng
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Hopewell Junction, NY
Posted Jan 22 2017, 14:03

I'm a college student rental landlord and I owned several properties and never had any problems for years.

BUT!!  It was my mistake being a soft hearted person; last Sept I accepted a "mom" who claimed she supporting her daughter for college so shes renting a room from me while her daughter staying at dorm.  Before we signed the lease I told the mom I am going to sell the house so I'm only doing 6 month lease; the mom mentioned she can stay before i found a buyer I SAID MAYBE but i don't know what I am gonna do.  Comes to find out her daughter never started college and the daughter had stayed there for 3 weeks before I caught them.

They said the daughter had identity theft so the daughter had no place to stay and again trying to be a nice person I only charged them extra $25 a month and we agreed when the lease expired on 3/7/2017; the mom's lease is over and they have to leave.

Now, less than 7 weeks to go; they claimed I have to find them housing to relocate them or letting them stay until I found a buyer.

I am newly RE agent; I really don't want to do anything to risk losing my license 

BP community please help!! 

Loading replies...