• Rental Property Investor
  • Pulaski, VA
Votes |
Tenant will not stop asking for improvements

Virginia Jones
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Pulaski, VA
Posted Apr 17 2017, 08:55

I have a tenant that will start a lease on May 1. The house was already in livable condition but I have improved it by installing a new toilet, painting every room, tearing the kitchen down to the studs and installing brand new flooring, cabinets, and appliances. I have added a LOT of value to this property.

I have been sending her updates of the new kitchen and freshly painted rooms and all she comments on is small things that she wants me to do and frankly do not have time to do between now and her move in date.

Recently she has asked that I paint the ceilings. all of them look fine to me. there is one bedroom that has some small yellow stars painted on the ceiling but they are not very noticeable. she wants me to paint at least this one room but I am getting married this weekend and will be gone until she moves in. I told her this so now she wants her and her husband to do the painting.

she has also asked me to tear down the paneling in the third bedroom and replace with drywall. I said no, so she asked If they could do it themselves.

another time she asked if they could frame in the basement. I said no, she asked if they could do it themselves.

now she has asked if I will do a lease to own.

I feel like I have made this house into a comfortable home for her and her husband to live in so when will the questions for more improvements stop and how can I politely answer all of these never ending requests?

Loading replies...