How can this be u get evicted and u was moved out a month before

How can this be u get evicted and u was moved out a month before

Toledo , OH · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes

In 2014 I had moved to Ohio stayed  an apartment  and the management  know I was in the hospital due to medical . And they filed and eviction  I left hospital to pay them so judge dismissed it and I payed court fee and what I owed them. Now in 2018   Want to move to another home my landlord for 4 years i pay $900 rent to my dream home and what showed up and eviction from 2014 but just looking it looks as if i was evicted but when u click view document u see plaintiff  dismissed The apartment has same name but new owners now the management company I rented from went bankrupt. I have my cashiers check from my account that  shows I payed and I have where they said they was not renewing my leases and asked me to be gone by oct. but sep19 I moved Shannon management Help me hugged handed her  the keys and had carpet cleaned .. my receipt shows I paid the next day . There wasn’t no money judgment I move  sep 19 and judge dismissed oct 31 I have a letter that I haven’t the keys back also that day to management.. can’t I get it off or closed ... is this on my credit ?

0Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
8y

Even though you went to court and paid, you forced a landlord to take you to court to get paid.  No landlord want's to do that.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    The plaintiff dismissed the case... and the case was closed. This is public record so it cannot be removed. It's not showing as an eviction but it does reflect that an eviction case was initiated and then dropped.

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Anthony GaydenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Latoya Jenkins This information is very helpful when screening tenants so I am glad it is available. Many problem tenants will leave before a full eviction occurs (sounds like what you did). This will make it harder for them to find rentals. Landlords have to look out for their own interests first. Even if you were in the hospital, you are still responsible for paying the rent. I'll bet the electric company and gas company didn't give you a break due to being in the hospital. Why should your landlord?
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    8y

    Even though you went to court and paid, you forced a landlord to take you to court to get paid.  No landlord want's to do that.

  • Toledo , OH · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Anthony nope what I did was had a cashier check dated for the day of the rent then I got sick off the treatments I really don’t care for cancer but I called Shannon the manager and she said don’t worry I showed her a pic of the check and she said don’t worry then next day that manager called and told me bring it by 2 . I left the hospital called taxi and went but it was 4 and he wasn’t on his way  In i handed him the check he  look and said I’ll go down tomorrow and stop ... I would never due a person like that I’m honest and loyal to  my word . Was raised to that way . But guess what .. it is sad that people would burn not me burn good thing about it all is that law and order tough to me keep a paper trail I payed check every time..... so u think I can’t due a motion to the court I mean I know it was droped  to show I paid and the paper that show that I left because he was not renewing a year later

  • Toledo , OH · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Eric I due understand what u mean but Sara a manager roles me it was ok as long as the check say the date of the 5 and it did . I mean so Sara the manger told me it was a pat also a manager filled it . I was only doing as manament said. And I paid the same day just didn’t make it by 2 pm it was 3 pm 

  • Toledo , OH · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Eric I asked them to direct deposit they said they don’t like doing that . But light and gas come out my account . I’m not trying to say I wasn’t going to pay I did the same day and I have all the papers from them even the letter dated sep 8 2014 that they was not renewing my lease so I left the 19 and took pic of place have back keys and paid to get carpet cleaned with receipt showing  and left my deposit. I have proof. My current landlord I have been with from sept 19 2014 until now paying $900 never missed nor late.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.