Looking for a good Property Management Company in Cleveland

Looking for a good Property Management Company in Cleveland

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi!

Can anyone recommend a reliable and good Property Management Company in Cleveland?

I have 2 duplex, 1 in MT Pleasant and the other in Union Mills Park and I am looking for someone who has time for the houses and is reliable, the one I have today has 150 houses to take care of and to few employees. Perhaps a family business instead of a big company.

I will appreciate any inputs.

Thanks in advance!!

Mikael Kjeller

0Reply
49 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
7y
Originally posted by @Nathan Williams:
Originally posted by @James Wise:
Originally posted by @Mikael Kjeller:

Hi!

Can anyone recommend a reliable and good Property Management Company in Cleveland?

I have 2 duplex, 1 in MT Pleasant and the other in Union Mills Park and I am looking for someone who has time for the houses and is reliable, the one I have today has 150 houses to take care of and to few employees. Perhaps a family business instead of a big company.

I will appreciate any inputs.

Thanks in advance!!

Mikael Kjeller

 Issue I suspect you are running into is poor performance. Thing is it's probably not the fault of your current property manager. You happen to have duplexes in two of the worst neighborhoods in all of Ohio. Most big firms (like mine) won't even take on properties in areas like this. 

In all actuality the only people that are able to etch out profits running properties in neighborhoods like Union Miles & MT Pleasant are locals who live right there and do all the work themselves, often unpermitted, under the radar & outside of the landlord tenant laws lol. Think water being turned off or front doors being removed when tenants don't pay rent. There just isn't enough income to support your business and pay the wages of someone else working for you, especially someone who's got to adhere to fair housing laws, rental standards and the like.

thanks for this information.  

Not to derail the original question asked by the OP but I noticed in your neighborhood grade blog the zip code of Union Miles Park was rated a "C" (and i have been actively looking for solid rental investments here).  But here this area seems to be described as a good amount worse than that.  Would you be able to clarify of how good/bad this area really is?  Thanks!

The Union Miles neighborhood is rated an F in The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Mikael Kjeller:

    Hi!

    Can anyone recommend a reliable and good Property Management Company in Cleveland?

    I have 2 duplex, 1 in MT Pleasant and the other in Union Mills Park and I am looking for someone who has time for the houses and is reliable, the one I have today has 150 houses to take care of and to few employees. Perhaps a family business instead of a big company.

    I will appreciate any inputs.

    Thanks in advance!!

    Mikael Kjeller

     Issue I suspect you are running into is poor performance. Thing is it's probably not the fault of your current property manager. You happen to have duplexes in two of the worst neighborhoods in all of Ohio. Most big firms (like mine) won't even take on properties in areas like this. 

    In all actuality the only people that are able to etch out profits running properties in neighborhoods like Union Miles & MT Pleasant are locals who live right there and do all the work themselves, often unpermitted, under the radar & outside of the landlord tenant laws lol. Think water being turned off or front doors being removed when tenants don't pay rent. There just isn't enough income to support your business and pay the wages of someone else working for you, especially someone who's got to adhere to fair housing laws, rental standards and the like.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Mikael Kjeller:

    Hi!

    Can anyone recommend a reliable and good Property Management Company in Cleveland?

    I have 2 duplex, 1 in MT Pleasant and the other in Union Mills Park and I am looking for someone who has time for the houses and is reliable, the one I have today has 150 houses to take care of and to few employees. Perhaps a family business instead of a big company.

    I will appreciate any inputs.

    Thanks in advance!!

    Mikael Kjeller

     Issue I suspect you are running into is poor performance. Thing is it's probably not the fault of your current property manager. You happen to have duplexes in two of the worst neighborhoods in all of Ohio. Most big firms (like mine) won't even take on properties in areas like this. 

    In all actuality the only people that are able to etch out profits running properties in neighborhoods like Union Miles & MT Pleasant are locals who live right there and do all the work themselves, often unpermitted, under the radar & outside of the landlord tenant laws lol. Think water being turned off or front doors being removed when tenants don't pay rent. There just isn't enough income to support your business and pay the wages of someone else working for you, especially someone who's got to adhere to fair housing laws, rental standards and the like.

    I thought we were the only ones who removed the front door and turned water off. that was SOP in the 60s and 70s  LOL 

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2017 · 184 posts · 253 votes
    7y

    Yikes! Those are some rough areas. I couldn't help you there but if you were looking for a small company that manages on Cleveland's westside or suburbs.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 108 votes
    7y

    I've heard solid reviews from other investors on Realty Trust Services and Wright Cummings Property Management. To my knowledge, both companies service your investment area.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2018 · 191 posts · 432 votes
    7y

    @Mikael Kjeller I'm an investor and manage my own properties. I have been approached by PM companies seeking my referral's. I will be meeting with a couple this coming week. Who ever I feel has the best product I will be referring in my PM discussion. 

    But one thing I will say. The area your rental is in is not an easy area to pm. I don't know who told you to invest there or how you got the lead to that property but you need to research more where you invest because I believe no matter what pm manager you have this problem will always be the same. Good luck to you

  • Member since 2019 · 172 posts · 93 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Mikael Kjeller:

    Hi!

    Can anyone recommend a reliable and good Property Management Company in Cleveland?

    I have 2 duplex, 1 in MT Pleasant and the other in Union Mills Park and I am looking for someone who has time for the houses and is reliable, the one I have today has 150 houses to take care of and to few employees. Perhaps a family business instead of a big company.

    I will appreciate any inputs.

    Thanks in advance!!

    Mikael Kjeller

     Issue I suspect you are running into is poor performance. Thing is it's probably not the fault of your current property manager. You happen to have duplexes in two of the worst neighborhoods in all of Ohio. Most big firms (like mine) won't even take on properties in areas like this. 

    In all actuality the only people that are able to etch out profits running properties in neighborhoods like Union Miles & MT Pleasant are locals who live right there and do all the work themselves, often unpermitted, under the radar & outside of the landlord tenant laws lol. Think water being turned off or front doors being removed when tenants don't pay rent. There just isn't enough income to support your business and pay the wages of someone else working for you, especially someone who's got to adhere to fair housing laws, rental standards and the like.

    thanks for this information.  

    Not to derail the original question asked by the OP but I noticed in your neighborhood grade blog the zip code of Union Miles Park was rated a "C" (and i have been actively looking for solid rental investments here).  But here this area seems to be described as a good amount worse than that.  Would you be able to clarify of how good/bad this area really is?  Thanks!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Nathan Williams:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Mikael Kjeller:

    Hi!

    Can anyone recommend a reliable and good Property Management Company in Cleveland?

    I have 2 duplex, 1 in MT Pleasant and the other in Union Mills Park and I am looking for someone who has time for the houses and is reliable, the one I have today has 150 houses to take care of and to few employees. Perhaps a family business instead of a big company.

    I will appreciate any inputs.

    Thanks in advance!!

    Mikael Kjeller

     Issue I suspect you are running into is poor performance. Thing is it's probably not the fault of your current property manager. You happen to have duplexes in two of the worst neighborhoods in all of Ohio. Most big firms (like mine) won't even take on properties in areas like this. 

    In all actuality the only people that are able to etch out profits running properties in neighborhoods like Union Miles & MT Pleasant are locals who live right there and do all the work themselves, often unpermitted, under the radar & outside of the landlord tenant laws lol. Think water being turned off or front doors being removed when tenants don't pay rent. There just isn't enough income to support your business and pay the wages of someone else working for you, especially someone who's got to adhere to fair housing laws, rental standards and the like.

    thanks for this information.  

    Not to derail the original question asked by the OP but I noticed in your neighborhood grade blog the zip code of Union Miles Park was rated a "C" (and i have been actively looking for solid rental investments here).  But here this area seems to be described as a good amount worse than that.  Would you be able to clarify of how good/bad this area really is?  Thanks!

    The Union Miles neighborhood is rated an F in The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods.

  • Member since 2019 · 172 posts · 93 votes
    7y

    thanks again.  Took another look and the property I was most interested in was near the very edge of what google designates as the Union Miles neighborhood which likely is why it shares a C class zip code of 44105 in your blog.

  • New to Real Estate · Union City, CA · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Frank Wolter

    Do you want to share how you have been managing the property yourself so far?

    It will help us all !

  • Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @mikael kjeller   

    Unlike most of the posters on this thread I actually read and understood your question as to WHO CAN service the properties in your neighborhood my man instead of hearing from people chiming in saying they won't. :-)   It's already in your inbox. 

  • Peter TverdovBusiness Member
    Developer · New Brunswick, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Nathan Williams:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Mikael Kjeller:

    Hi!

    Can anyone recommend a reliable and good Property Management Company in Cleveland?

    I have 2 duplex, 1 in MT Pleasant and the other in Union Mills Park and I am looking for someone who has time for the houses and is reliable, the one I have today has 150 houses to take care of and to few employees. Perhaps a family business instead of a big company.

    I will appreciate any inputs.

    Thanks in advance!!

    Mikael Kjeller

     Issue I suspect you are running into is poor performance. Thing is it's probably not the fault of your current property manager. You happen to have duplexes in two of the worst neighborhoods in all of Ohio. Most big firms (like mine) won't even take on properties in areas like this. 

    In all actuality the only people that are able to etch out profits running properties in neighborhoods like Union Miles & MT Pleasant are locals who live right there and do all the work themselves, often unpermitted, under the radar & outside of the landlord tenant laws lol. Think water being turned off or front doors being removed when tenants don't pay rent. There just isn't enough income to support your business and pay the wages of someone else working for you, especially someone who's got to adhere to fair housing laws, rental standards and the like.

    thanks for this information.  

    Not to derail the original question asked by the OP but I noticed in your neighborhood grade blog the zip code of Union Miles Park was rated a "C" (and i have been actively looking for solid rental investments here).  But here this area seems to be described as a good amount worse than that.  Would you be able to clarify of how good/bad this area really is?  Thanks!

    The Union Miles neighborhood is rated an F in The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods.

     That article is a fantastic idea to do for the local area someone represents as a broker/PM.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Peter Tverdov:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Nathan Williams:
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Mikael Kjeller:

    Hi!

    Can anyone recommend a reliable and good Property Management Company in Cleveland?

    I have 2 duplex, 1 in MT Pleasant and the other in Union Mills Park and I am looking for someone who has time for the houses and is reliable, the one I have today has 150 houses to take care of and to few employees. Perhaps a family business instead of a big company.

    I will appreciate any inputs.

    Thanks in advance!!

    Mikael Kjeller

     Issue I suspect you are running into is poor performance. Thing is it's probably not the fault of your current property manager. You happen to have duplexes in two of the worst neighborhoods in all of Ohio. Most big firms (like mine) won't even take on properties in areas like this. 

    In all actuality the only people that are able to etch out profits running properties in neighborhoods like Union Miles & MT Pleasant are locals who live right there and do all the work themselves, often unpermitted, under the radar & outside of the landlord tenant laws lol. Think water being turned off or front doors being removed when tenants don't pay rent. There just isn't enough income to support your business and pay the wages of someone else working for you, especially someone who's got to adhere to fair housing laws, rental standards and the like.

    thanks for this information.  

    Not to derail the original question asked by the OP but I noticed in your neighborhood grade blog the zip code of Union Miles Park was rated a "C" (and i have been actively looking for solid rental investments here).  But here this area seems to be described as a good amount worse than that.  Would you be able to clarify of how good/bad this area really is?  Thanks!

    The Union Miles neighborhood is rated an F in The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods.

     That article is a fantastic idea to do for the local area someone represents as a broker/PM.

    Thanks. I am currently working with locals to produce one in the following markets with more to follow.

    Birmingham, Alabama

    Indianapolis, Indiana 

    Memphis, Tennessee 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.