Seeking reviews of turbotenant

Seeking reviews of turbotenant

John S LewisPro Member
Jackson, NJ · Member since 2017 · 167 posts · 48 votes

Hey there BP!  Has anyone used turbotenant.com?  The post to multiple sites and also take applications.  Any feedback, positive or negative is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1Reply
172 views

Most Popular Reply

Agent/Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2015 · 59 posts · 29 votes
5y

It was a good experience.....until today.  
Be wary! It's not free as they advertise if you aren't using their applications and they notice apparently.

Our property management company did not accept TurboTenant applications because their screening process is not as thorough as we prefer. An applicant applied for our property through TurboTenant because TurboTenant automatically turns on their application button when you syndicate your properties for rent and does not allow you to turn it off. We told the applicant we don't accept applications from TurboTenant and they must apply directly through us. They were very unhappy they had spent the money with TurboTenant and it is apparently not communicated that not all property managers/landlords will accept TurboTenant applications (which is true for the ones they haven't noticed are not using the TurboTenant applications apparently, which was us, until today). When the prospective tenant demanded a refund from TurboTenant, TurboTenant sent us an email saying if we didn't start paying a monthly fee in order to use our own application, they would terminate our account in 5 days. What happen to...and I quote directly off their homepage:

"TurboTenant is the all-in-one, FREE property management tool that streamlines how you manage the rental process. The world’s easiest way to screen tenants, market your rental, receive applications and collect rent online."

Not sure treating property managers/landlords this way by giving ultimatums to purchase and terminating accounts when your website says FREE is the way to go... TurboTenant, you just shrank you the property options pool for your money making prospective tenant pool.  Kind of to saving your foot by cutting off your hand! All this to say, this service is free until they realize you aren't using their applications.

Also, when I went in to check that it had been terminated, the prompt said I was blocked for "suspicious activity"! Really?  Just unfortunate in the route they took.  From lots of experience, Zillow may cost more, but the leads are much higher quality!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2015 · 308 posts · 151 votes
    7y

    Hi @John S Lewis

    Here are a handful of reviews you may find helpful:

    https://www.softwareadvice.com/property/turbo-tena...

    https://www.google.com/search?q=turbotenant+review...,

    And of course, let us know if you have any questions.

    Have a great weekend.

  • Rental Property Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 262 posts · 205 votes
    7y

    @John S Lewis I have used TurboTenant for my advertising and tenant screening for almost 2 years now and I’ve been very happy with them. Easy platform to use on mobile devices and I also like that I can view applications before I ask for background checks. This makes it easy to pretty much decide who you’re renting to before you have them pay the $35 fee for screening. You can also turn on an automated pre-screening questionnaire that is sent to every lead. Hope this helps!

  • John S LewisPro Member
    OP
    Jackson, NJ · Member since 2017 · 167 posts · 48 votes
    7y

    @Sarnen Steinbarth

    @Jacqueline Coombs

    thank you both.  for some reason, i didn't see your replies until now.  appreciate it. I had some good experiences with them.  thanks again.

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2015 · 308 posts · 151 votes
    7y

    @John S Lewis  Glad to hear it is going well for you!

  • Agent/Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2015 · 59 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    It was a good experience.....until today.  
    Be wary! It's not free as they advertise if you aren't using their applications and they notice apparently.

    Our property management company did not accept TurboTenant applications because their screening process is not as thorough as we prefer. An applicant applied for our property through TurboTenant because TurboTenant automatically turns on their application button when you syndicate your properties for rent and does not allow you to turn it off. We told the applicant we don't accept applications from TurboTenant and they must apply directly through us. They were very unhappy they had spent the money with TurboTenant and it is apparently not communicated that not all property managers/landlords will accept TurboTenant applications (which is true for the ones they haven't noticed are not using the TurboTenant applications apparently, which was us, until today). When the prospective tenant demanded a refund from TurboTenant, TurboTenant sent us an email saying if we didn't start paying a monthly fee in order to use our own application, they would terminate our account in 5 days. What happen to...and I quote directly off their homepage:

    "TurboTenant is the all-in-one, FREE property management tool that streamlines how you manage the rental process. The world’s easiest way to screen tenants, market your rental, receive applications and collect rent online."

    Not sure treating property managers/landlords this way by giving ultimatums to purchase and terminating accounts when your website says FREE is the way to go... TurboTenant, you just shrank you the property options pool for your money making prospective tenant pool.  Kind of to saving your foot by cutting off your hand! All this to say, this service is free until they realize you aren't using their applications.

    Also, when I went in to check that it had been terminated, the prompt said I was blocked for "suspicious activity"! Really?  Just unfortunate in the route they took.  From lots of experience, Zillow may cost more, but the leads are much higher quality!

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 119 posts · 84 votes
    5y

    Turbo Tenant is everything I need as a landlord! From automatic marketing on numerous rental sites, to the amazingly detailed background check and the user friendly platform for both the prospective tenants and myself my experience has been great. I will always use Turbo Tenant to fill my vacancies, you can even turn an applicant into a tenant right there in the portal, so easy. Love it!

  • Real Estate Agent · Owatonna, MN · Member since 2017 · 221 posts · 152 votes
    5y

    @John S Lewis I tried out their site and really liked their marketing to multiple sites. When i was ready for the tenant to start, I called them because I did not see a way to collect deposit/rent. They said they are just rolling that feature out and they could get it for me in the next couple weeks. Well, I needed it right away so as of right now I'm still using Cozy. I might try them again in the future if they get their rent collection feature figured out

  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2023 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    I see all these posts are little old. I'm trying to create my account on Turbo Tenant as a landlord but getting message that account has been suspended. They don't have customer service number to call. I tried to contact them through Email. No response at all. They support only Pro members on phone, which doesn't make any sense.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Do not trust this company with you rent payments. My email was hacked and they allowed someone from another state change my password, remove my bank account and add another bank account that was not even in my name and expedited payments to this person. TurboTenant promised me they would get the payments back for me. Then after about a week told me that they could not and was nothing else they could do. I was escalated to Melissa (Director of Customer experience) who basically told me this was not their fault and then stonewalled me and would not escalate any further. Nothing in there system red flagged these transactions, there was no dual redundancy that required these actions to also be verified by text or a phone call. They cost me almost $6000 and would not even answer basic questions.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.