Any sites where tenants can pay rent online at their expense

9 Replies

Hi @Brandon Washington , welcome to Bigger Pockets!  Congratulations on your awesome investment pickup!  The two resources I'd recommend based on your question are Cozy (dot co) and Zillow Rental Manager.  Both are free to use (for you) and allow the tenant to pay using an ACH transfer (free), debit card, or credit card (fees, variable for each method).

The one perk that tips my favor to Cozy is that tenants can lodge maintenance requests on the site.  It allows them to upload a photo and makes it easy to track (and easy to outsource in the long run).

Best of luck!

Hi Brandon, I'm happy to hear that you're doing your research. There are a lot of great options out there; aside from providing the basics (ie. listing tool to get the property published to 10+ major sites, scheduling tool to schedule viewings, tenant screening with comprehensive applications which include nationwide criminal background checks + credit checks + eviction history, digital lease creation tool, rent collection tool, and maintenance tracking tool), some services also offer your tenants additional capabilities which makes it an easier sell on your end when getting them to transition over (ie. their ability to report on-time rent payments to the credit bureaus; this can create an added incentive for making sure they pay that rent on time). Either way, you're on BP so you're in the right place. @Brandon Washington

there are lots of options.....  have them deposit check into a bank account just for rent.....  use ACH transfer or popmoney/instant transfer via their bank........ venmo, paypal,  etc etc etc.  some of these options keep the funds for a couple days, others do not. 

one comment: check your local laws to see if you need to provide a free way to pay rent....  lots of the ways I listed above are free to the tenant ...

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here