• Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Termination of Month to Month Lease

Megan Palmieri
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jan 9 2020, 06:33

Hello all,

We have a long time tenant-the last of the tenants from a crooked property manager-we are now self managing all of our properties.

We have rentals in Michigan, California, Hawaii and Georgia. This tenant in question is in Atlanta where we also reside.

We are on a month to month lease with him. He ALWAYS pays late but includes the late fee. He is now 9 days late and we would like to take possession of the property.

I know eviction is an option, but other than being late on rent this tenant is always cooperative and honest. We would like to just end the month to month lease agreement and take possession.

Tenant is currently out of town long term for work and family. He actually seems to have another place to stay but “doesn’t want to lose the place in Atlanta because the rent is so cheap.” Ugh.

Is it acceptable to email the lease termination to him? Everything I read says it must be hand delivered but I don’t know if that applies in this situation. Since we started self managing we have had awesome tenants so I have never had to end a tenancy before.

Any advice/guidance is greatly appreciated. I have learned so much from this site/app/podcast!!!!

Thank you!

Loading replies...