Pro Member
  • Fort Smith, AR
Votes |
Tenant Moving In Now Has A Roommate

Justin Johnson
Pro Member
  • Fort Smith, AR
Posted Sep 29 2020, 15:55

So, I have a tenant that is moving in on 2020-10-01 and we have already gone through the whole pre-screening, interview, application process, background/credit check, signing the lease agreement, everything was great.  The lease is signed between him and myself.  In our initial walk though/interview, I asked if there was going to be anyone with him and he said "no, just me" and 3 days before he is scheduled to move in he tells me about his roommate that he's been talking to, "telling her what's up", and her 2 kids.  He mentioned she would pay him rent and he would pay me.  I told him that I do not allow sub-letting and I would have to approve her anyway and her name would have to be on the lease.  I have no idea what to do in this situation.  I'm frustrated and I need a little advise from some more seasoned investors on how to handle this.

I've had them reapply for the property so that I could create a new lease with her name and her kids names listed.  Any advise would be appreciated.  Learning experience and I'm trying to learn all I can :-)

Loading replies...