Santa Cruz Meetup!

Santa Cruz Meetup!

When:

Where:Woodstock Pizza, Santa Cruz

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes

Hey all of you down here! I'm finally going to do this thing:

Santa Cruz Meetup

When: Feb 26th, 7:30pm

Where: Woodstock Pizza:

710 Front St, Santa Cruz

They have plenty of seating and we will cruz in. I'll have some name tags for everyone. Just like meetups in Oakland and San Francisco it's all about networking. No Upsells, no pitching, just good 'ol conversations.

Tags: @Account Closed @Omi C. @Eileen Burke Woodward

@Brad Gustafson @J. Martin

@Uuri Koh

@Eric Mun

@Jarl Meagher

Keywords: Santa Cruz, Oakland, San Jose, Cupertino, Watsonville, Gilroy, Soquel, Los Gatos, East Bay, South Bay, Penninsula, Meetup

1Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2009 · 267 posts · 73 votes
12y

@Troy Fisher Thanks for getting the ball rolling with this event. I'll reach out to my network of investors in the 831 and see if we can mimic the success of the East Bay meet ups.

See this reply in the discussion

45 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Can we do this on the first week of March or something? I'm dead in the water this month. You might want to tag others again since it looks like it didn't work on some names.

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    @Omi C.

    @Eileen Burke Woodward

    @Brad Gustafson

    @Joey Budka

    @Uuri Koh

    @Eric Mun

    @Jarl M.

    Hopefully this works. I've already talked to a bunch of people about meeting on Wednesday, so I'll keep it that way this month and then get started organizing it a little earlier on Minh so we can make sure we can get you there!

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Troy,

    That's fine. I just met with Joey Budka and his brother yesterday about a 12-units, and they have a couple more in the pipeline. Eventually something will happen.

    Have fun guys

  • Real Estate Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2009 · 267 posts · 73 votes
    12y

    @Troy Fisher Thanks for getting the ball rolling with this event. I'll reach out to my network of investors in the 831 and see if we can mimic the success of the East Bay meet ups.

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    Great to hear about deals happening! Let's build a successful group down here!

  • Watsonville, CA · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Cool, I was tagged (feeling special)!

    I think we can make this! Thanks for organizing it, Troy.

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    I need a Watsonville insider. I was about to make an offer on the 174 Main Street the other day, before I learned more about what was going on!

  • Investor · Carmel, CA · Member since 2012 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    12y
    Hey Troy. I just came across your post. Looks like you guys are RE meet up group? You have any more details? I am active in Monterey county.
  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    More details? Not a lot. We get together, have some drinks, eat a little, and talk a lot! Some of us talk so much we get parched, and need another beer. Others listen and learn. It's about the networking! Join us!

  • Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2012 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    I'm interested in meeting up but may be a bit late, and extremely exhausted Tuesday nights.

  • Developer · Bend, OR · Member since 2012 · 28 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Tory, I am a very active investor down in Monterey and would love to meetup with some locals & share and listen.... I'll see you on Wed 26th... Thanks for setting it up!

    Erle

  • Investor · Carmel, CA · Member since 2012 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    12y
    Sounds perfect! I'll see you guys there! Thanks!
  • Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 47 votes
    12y

    Awesome! Thanks for setting this up Troy. I'll see you on Wednesday.

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    @Uuri Koh - Note: it's Wednesday. Don't make the mistake I did, driving up to Oakland on the wrong day for a Meetup! Hahaha. I was so Anxious!

    @Kenny Boyd *taps on the shoulder* 'Have you met my friend, @Erle Mcdonald ?'

    @Omi C. I'm excited to hear about your scouting trip!

  • Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2012 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    @Troy Fisher thanks for pointing out my mistake! In that case, count me in. See you Weds.

  • Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 47 votes
    12y

    @Troy Fisher Super useful scouting trip. Learned a lot, refined my strategy. Deets when we meet.

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    Excellent news both of you! Like all the meetups I've been to that has been advertised through BP, the conversation is thought provoking and you learn a lot just listening to people! I'm psyched about it!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Troy Fisher ,

    Thanks for organizing down there! Unfortunately, I can't make it all the way down there this week due to another commitment. But I'll be in touch next time I'm working down there.. Will at least be in Fremont for most of March, so I was thinking about scheduling a meetup in Palo Alto or thereabouts and getting some BP folks out..

    Maybe @Account Closed , yourself and some others would like to meet up. And do you two know others down there who might want to meet up and talk about the on-fire Peninsula?

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    I've penciled in a trip out to Ks at the end of march. Going to hunt for some deals out there I think.

  • Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    @J Martin and @Minh L. , I'd be interested in a Palo Alto meetup.

    It's too bad I am missing this Santa Cruz meetup tonight. I only found out about it just now, and it would be difficult for me to make it over there on a weeknight.

    I can't seem to get @ tags to work, even following the instructions at:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/1/blog_posts/20337-at-mentions-come-to-biggerpockets

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    Great meetup last night guys! Good conversation. Sure it was a little cramped but I learned a couple of things and hope everyone else did too!

    @Eileen Burke Woodward - Wonderful to meet you and your husband Barry! Lets help you guys pull that trigger and take down a house this year!

    @Brad Gustafson - You've got an interesting idea being on the other side of the equation. I like it. And if you meet enough people start sending some my way!

    @Erle Mcdonald -- There's always the guy I want to talk to but never get a chance to. Let's get together next week for lunch.

    @Kenny Boyd -- We should get together and talk about modesto with

    @Omi C.

    Next time I'll spend a little bit more time finding us a more comfortable spot to be. Maybe go so far as to reserve a place where we can have a quiet little room. The Patio would have been perfect!

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Dylan M.:
    @J Martin and @Minh L. , I'd be interested in a Palo Alto meetup.

    It's too bad I am missing this Santa Cruz meetup tonight. I only found out about it just now, and it would be difficult for me to make it over there on a weeknight.

    I can't seem to get @ tags to work, even following the instructions at:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/1/blog_posts/20337-at-mentions-come-to-biggerpockets

    The @ is a finicky master! Welcome to BP and set some keywords up for Santa Cruz, and I'll @Mention you when I get the next meeting setup.

  • Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 47 votes
    12y

    It was great to meet and chat with all of you in person. Thanks for setting this up @Troy Fisher . Looking forward to the next one..

  • Watsonville, CA · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Yes @Omi C. and thanks @Troy Fisher!

  • Homeowner · Felton, CA · Member since 2014 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    It was great meeting everyone. You all were very accepting of us newbies. Thank you. A little behind on commenting as I arrived home to flashing clocks indicating the power had gone out. 2 hours later it went out for the next 14 hours. As I write this the rain has started again; wish me luck.

    @Troy Fisher thanks for the effort to set it up. I very often find myself on "the other side of the equation". Contrarian is the term I believe. If the freeway is at a stand still on one side I seem to find myself cruising on the other side. Actually the position that I am taking is to get started. Eventually I want to be in your position.

    @Eileen Burke Woodward I am sorry we did not talk much. I look forward to another meet-up and getting to know you and your husband better.

    @Erle Mcdonald You got my attention. Your comments were very informative - learned a lot. Want more. Hope to see you at the next one. Thank you.

    @Kenny Boyd Same as Eileen, except for the husband part. Another congrat's to you for your first deal.

    @Omi C. I am glad there was another newbie there. Bakersfield does interest me and I will talk to you more about getting started and pulling the trigger.

    Looking forward to the next one.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.