Santa Cruz Meetup!

Santa Cruz Meetup!

When:

Where:Woodstock Pizza, Santa Cruz

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes

Hey all of you down here! I'm finally going to do this thing:

Santa Cruz Meetup

When: Feb 26th, 7:30pm

Where: Woodstock Pizza:

710 Front St, Santa Cruz

They have plenty of seating and we will cruz in. I'll have some name tags for everyone. Just like meetups in Oakland and San Francisco it's all about networking. No Upsells, no pitching, just good 'ol conversations.

Tags: @Account Closed @Omi C. @Eileen Burke Woodward

@Brad Gustafson @J. Martin

@Uuri Koh

@Eric Mun

@Jarl Meagher

Keywords: Santa Cruz, Oakland, San Jose, Cupertino, Watsonville, Gilroy, Soquel, Los Gatos, East Bay, South Bay, Penninsula, Meetup

1Reply
70 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2009 · 267 posts · 73 votes
12y

@Troy Fisher Thanks for getting the ball rolling with this event. I'll reach out to my network of investors in the 831 and see if we can mimic the success of the East Bay meet ups.

See this reply in the discussion

45 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    I'll mention this again, since tags are working for me now. @J. Martin , I'd be interested in a Palo Alto meetup.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Dylan M. , sure, whenever J can meet. I'm flexible.

    Not sure what you're looking for, but my partner and I are currently putting together a couple of apartment deals worth over $3M. @Esther Thomas checked out one of the buildings this Tuesday. She really liked it and is considering of joining us on this investment.

    Disclosure: I met Esther on BP. We exchanged emails and talked over the phone 1 time. I invited her to go check out the building on Tuesday and here we are. Offer is due next week. She liked the building and loves its location. Of course, the price tag is high. Anyways, looking forward to talk to you once of these days.

  • Belmont, CA · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    Keep me in the loop on that peninsula deal @Account Closed Love that location. Time to come up with some cash :)

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Troy Fisher , looks like a successful meetup! Congrats on getting that started down there..! Now we just need someone to step up on the peninsula regularly.. I'm surprised @Joey Budka hasn't done it yet! I would be @Account Closed is too busy.. But there's gotta be someone!

    @Dylan M. , I live up in Oakland on Lake Merritt, so it's a bit tough for me to schedule/organize a Palo Alto meetup and get down there.. Although, I'll be working down in the Hayway/Fremont area this month, so maybe I'll try to schedule something.. hmm..

    It sounds like @Esther Thomas will be coming up to Oakland for the next one on March 20. The location is beautiful. Good people. Why don't the rest of you come join us, until it starts up down South!

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/119434-east-bay-meetup-thurs-3-20-14---oakland

  • Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed , I'm just in the learning stage right now, but I would be interested to hear about your apartment deals.

    @J. Martin , if you do end up scheduling something near Palo Alto, definitely let me know.

  • Belmont, CA · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    I do think we should have a peninsula meet up. Maybe that will be my next contribution to BP :D I'll see if I can wrangle something up for May that doesn't conflict with the East Bay Meet Up.

  • Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 47 votes
    12y

    Great idea, @Esther Thomas Keep us Santa Cruz people in the loop if you do that. I'm interested, and a few others probably would be too.

  • Rental Property Investor · Las Palmas de Gran Canaria · Member since 2014 · 220 posts · 256 votes
    12y

    Any plans for an upcoming meeting in Santa Cruz?

  • Investor · Ben Lomond, CA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    @Troy Fisher seems to be MIA. But maybe we can get one going away? Does anyone know a good place?

    @Denise Dresbach 

  • Investor · Monterey, CA · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    Thanks, @Steffen Vulpius 

    A meetup in Santa Cruz sounds great. As for venue, how about Michael's on 2591 Main St. Soquel? I have been there once, for lunch, and it's quiet and has a few break out sections that people can mingle. The restaurant owner seems very friendly too.

  • Rental Property Investor · Las Palmas de Gran Canaria · Member since 2014 · 220 posts · 256 votes
    12y

    I'm game - that sounds awesome! Michael's on Main is nice and their back deck is perfect. How much forewarning do people need? How about thur 21st or friday 29th at 8pm?

    @Helen Chau 

    @Steffen Vulpius 

  • Investor · Monterey, CA · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    @Shane Pearlman 

    I am good for Friday 29th. Seems like we have quite a few people living in this area to have our own meet-up nearby. I look forward to it.

    @Steffen Vulpius 

  • Investor · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 47 votes
    12y

    I'm in as well. The 21st or the 29th will work well. Tagging some folks who were at the last Santa Cruz Meetup..

    @Eileen Burke Woodward @Brad Gustafson @Troy Fisher 

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    12y

    I'm opening a new store out in Manteca this month, and definitely cannot make a weekend back out to the 831!  I probably won't be back there till some time in Sept.  But if anyone is looking for 'boots' on the ground in Modesto/Stockton Area I'm here!   It's nice too, scouting some flips in a reasonably priced Cali market.

  • Watsonville, CA · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thanks for the tag Omi!

    We can't do the 21st but might be able to make the 29th.

    @Barry Woodward 

  • Investor · Carmel, CA · Member since 2012 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Hey Guys!  Good idea Shane!  The 21st and the 29th both work for me!  

  • Rental Property Investor · Las Palmas de Gran Canaria · Member since 2014 · 220 posts · 256 votes
    12y

    Shall we call it the 29th? I'm happy to call the restaurant to schedule. 

    Is there some way to reach the south county folks (watsonville, gilroy, salinas, seaside, monterey) and nearby valley (campbell, saratoga..) community?

    @Kenny Boyd @Eileen Burke Woodward @Omi C. @Helen Chau 

  • Rental Property Investor · Las Palmas de Gran Canaria · Member since 2014 · 220 posts · 256 votes
    12y

    Posted a stand alone event thread: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings/topics/143396-santa-cruz-meetup---august-29th-2014

  • Investor · Carmel, CA · Member since 2012 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    29th works for me!

    @Kimberly Rushing @Erle McDonald 

  • Wholesaler · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    I am in and look forward to seeing folks!   [email protected]

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.