Massive RE Investor Summit!! SF Bay Area, Oct 2014

Massive RE Investor Summit!! SF Bay Area, Oct 2014

This event is brought to you by:SF Bay Summit

When:

Where:San Francisco Bay Area

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

J. MartinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes

I would like to invite everyone out to the San Francisco Bay Area for a Massive Real Estate Investor Summit in October this year! This would be a massive Friday evening through Sunday event with extensive networking opportunities, “deal” groups with investors, commercial lenders, and private money lenders, and informative and action-oriented speaking sessions to improve your real estate investing (and your life!). Details below, and more to come!

What: Massive RE Investor Summit!!!
Where: San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States
When: Fri eve through Sun, October, 2014 (exact weekend to be announced)
Why: Find funding and deals, develop meaningful relationships through face-to-face meetings, learn more about advancing and improving your existing RE performance, other target investment areas, current market updates, ideas on how/where to invest today, and meet and have fun with great people in a great place!
Cost: Yes. There will be a cost to get the space we need, amenities, snacks/food/drink, etc, It will be reasonable for a function like this in the Bay. More to come as the details are finalized.
YOU: Please post below if you’re interested in coming out for this informative and fun event! I’ll get your email address from your BP account and email you when the details are pinned down!

I am organizing this meetup, and it is not put on by or endorsed by Bigger Pockets. But I would like to invite @Joshua D. n and @Brandon Turner to come back out to the Bay and join this even larger RE investor gathering in October! And thanks to @Jaren Barnes for graciously volunteering to help me set this up also. Speakers and guests TBA.. Let me know if this sounds like something you’ll enjoy below!

6Reply
795 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 5 votes
12y

I'll be there!

See this reply in the discussion

177 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2012 · 240 posts · 45 votes
    12y

    I'm all in .. let me know what I can do to assist...

  • Real Estate Investor · Mountain View, CA · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Any chance this summit will be held somewhere on the peninsula? Hard to drive around and find parking in SF. Thx!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Tim Farrell ,

    Thanks for the offer! I'll let you know what I may need help with as things pop up.. @Kate Lee , I'm working on the venue now, and may be held at SFSU, where there is free parking. If not, it will be at a location with parking. It's a weekend-long event. But I also hold monthly meetups in the Bay. Check out my website in my signature, or sign up here so I can notify you of the details as I establish them..

  • Jared RineBusiness Member
    Lender · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 277 votes
    12y

    J Martin,

    I'm in on this. I'll go register on the Meetup.com site also, but please add me to the list.

    Thanks,

    Jared

    Jared Rine United Lending Partners53 Reviews
    View Page
  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Jared Rine ,

    It was a pleasure meeting you the other night in Sacramento, and glad to see you're so enthusiastic about this networking event. It will be like no other.. I forwarded your lending documents to two people I know who are more involved in commercial and distressed commercial properties..

    Hopefully you got to talk with @Sarah B also..

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    After a lot of behind-the-scenes effort, I'm proud to announce I have confirmed the dates and venue for the 2014 Real Estate Networking Summit (in Nov instead of Oct). I reserved a conference space, and several small and large breakout rooms, to facilitate several more targeted networking break-outs. 

    • Dates: November 15th & 16, 2014
    • Venue: San Francisco State University

    Please join my meetup group to get announcements about the speakers, more details, and tickets, as I release them: 
    http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Networking-Summi...

    Again, the focus will be providing you with personalized connections to those who matter most to your investing style and interests, provide a live forum and targeted events to network with those individuals, great speakers with plenty of time for Q&A & Panel Discussions, and vendors available to answer your questions or connect - without any hard sales pitch or guru speakers just trying to peddle their programs. (Thanks for those  who left your feedback!)

    As the host and organizer, that is my commitment to you. There are no corporate sponsors. And I'm not selling anything. Ask those who have been to my prior meetup and networking events.. they've given us great discussions, lots of good times, and a great network of contacts to tap for advice or deals when they arise. I know the connections I've made in just the last 6 months have been invaluable to myself. 

    Come out and expand your network. It's amazing what even one good contact can do to your investing world! Come meet a couple hundred!

    http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Networking-Summi...

    Sincerely,

    J Martin
    Summit Host & Organizer
    510-863-1190
    www.REmeetup.com

  • Real Estate Broker · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2010 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin

    Is this event mainly for the California market? Any other markets being discussed?

  • Gold Run, CA · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 1 vote
    12y

    I'm interested, sounds like a great event.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Patrick O'Sullivan ,

    The event is not California-specific, although there will be many CA RE investors there..

    The concepts we will be discussing will be applicable to everyone around the country (including at least half who are interested in investing OUTSIDE CA), although obviously, there will be fewer connections in your local market than there would be if you were from CA. I know of at least a few here invested in AZ, and some more still interested..

    @Pam James ,

    Glad you're interested in the event! I don't think that you'll have ever been to another networking event like it, especially in Real Estate. There will definitely be some people coming from Sac, and had a few threw in their hat from Nevada.. So you'll have some fellow investors from not too far away.. Be sure to sign up on my meetup group below for the speaker and ticket info as it is released.. Looking forward to seeing you there!

    http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Networking-Summits-REmeetup-com/events/182097922/

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Yuliany W. and @Johnson H. ,

    Meet @Patrick O'Sullivan Phoenix CRE Broker. Patrick, they both have some property out in the area.. Yuli, are you still looking for MF out there? NNN? Or searching in CA now..?

    I believe Johnson is looking locally in Fairfield/Vacaville area now, and not sure how many others might still be looking at that market. I can add Phoenix to the "interest" questions for location on the questionnaire for the Summit..

  • Investor · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2011 · 92 posts · 69 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin which market are you interested in? I think there are many  investors that are interested in out of state as well.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Ben Freeman ,

    You mentioned you have a rental in Vacaville and looking at one in Stockton.. @Johnson H. is looking at Vacaville now, and I haven't seen @Erin A. in a little while, but hopefully she's doing well on her Stockton property too! You all might want to get in touch and chit chat! @Kyle J. also joined us out at a Stockton meetup I held one time..

    Are you going to make it out Kyle?

  • Investor · Danville, CA · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    I'd love to go and could probably drag some friends as well that aren't on this site.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Al Williamson ,

    I was chatting with @Leyla Simsek , and she was wondering when the next Sacramento meetup is going to be.. Do you have another one planned yet? @Sean Moen was also bummed he missed the last one, and was hoping to go to the next..

    Both of you, you can at least see some of the great BP folks that were able to attend here:

    http://beta.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/128940-sacramento-meetup-tues-5-27-at-5-30pm?page=2

    @Ben Freeman ,
    Be sure to sign up (& your friend) on my meetup group for up-to-date info! Speakers and ticket info to be announced June & early July! Glad to have you join!

    http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Networking-Summits-REmeetup-com/events/182097922/

  • Investor · Danville, CA · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Done!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    I'm proud to announce that I was able to reserve the conference space with lots of breakout rooms at:

    San Francisco State University, for
    Nov 15th & 16th, 2014

    Please take the conversation to the link below at my official announcement. It's a perfect place to introduce yourself to get the networking started!

    http://beta.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings/topics/132602-big-real-estate-networking-summit-nov-15-16-2014-at-sfsu-confirmed

    And sign up below on my meetup group to get updated info on the Summit!:

    http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Networking-Summits-REmeetup-com/events/182097922/

    Looking forward to seeing and introducing you to others there!

    J Martin
    Host & Organizer;
    [email protected]
    www.REmeetup.com

  • Real Estate Broker · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2010 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    @Yuliany W. : I work in Phoenix and the East Valley, including Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert and Chandler. My focus is multifamily and residential properties.

    @Johnson H.

    Nice to meet you. I am a broker here in Arizona and specialize in multifamily and residential properties.

  • Real Estate Broker · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2010 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin

    Thank you for the introduction. How can I get more information on this event for speaking and/or vendor/booth setup? I've done many of these events in the past.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Patrick O'Sullivan ,

    Send me an email at [email protected] about your interest with your contact info. I've had quite a bit of vendor interest, and I'll be making a form/questionnaire eventually. But I am interested in having representation from different out-of-state markets that attendees are interested in. I'll have more information on that as I send out the attendee questionnaires also..

    Everyone, please post your comment on this new posting instead! Thanks!

    http://beta.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/132602-big-real-estate-networking-summit-nov-15-16-2014-at-sfsu-confirmed

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Since we met in May let's aim for a July Sacramento MeetUP.

    River City Brewery worked out well for us, we will likely meet there again.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    J Martin,

    Thanks for the invite; [email protected]

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Hi @Gena Gonzales , and anyone else who wants to join the event,

    PLEASE POST ON THE LINK BELOW, TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF, WHICH IS THE OFFICIAL POSTING FOR THE SUMMIT:
    http://beta.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/13...

    AND JOIN MY MEETUP GROUP TO GET NOTIFIED ABOUT ADDITIONAL DETAILS AS THEY ARE ANNOUNCED:
    http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Networking-Summi...

    Looking forward to seeing/meeting you there, and introducing you to many others!

  • Oakley, CA · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 11 votes
    12y

    I know this post is a few months old but definitely interested!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Tammy Wise:

    I know this post is a few months old but definitely interested!

    That's because it takes so much planning! You actually have perfect timing, because I'm just about to announce the first round of headline speakers, preliminary agenda, ticket sales, and finalizing negotiations on some room blocks for hotels, for those who need them. Join my Summit group on meetup so you can get the announcements. It's going to be a great networking event Tammy! Over 160 have "pre-RSVP'd" so far!

    http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Networking-Summits-REmeetup-com/events/182097922/

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Tickets, Speakers, and Hotel Info Available Now!

    http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Networking-Summits-REmeetup-com/events/204953852/

    What is the value of getting GREAT CONTACTS for your real estate investing? That loan; that deal; that lasting connection. What is the value of those GAME-CHANGING STRATEGIES that take you down a new path in this part of the economic/interest rate cycle? Or take that NEXT STEP FORWARD? Great speakers, vendors, and targeted real estate networking opportunities are what this event will offer.

    Come out and do it all in one weekend in the best time of year in San Francisco! Speakers will include Bigger Pockets superstars and , local real estate networking legend Geraldine Barry, 1031 Exchange expert and BP superstar , and a wide variety of speakers and panel discussions on individual strategies and geographies. Click "RSVP" for this event to purchase a ticket. This is NOT a Bigger Pockets event.

    Real Estate Networking Summit at beautiful
    San Francisco State University on
    Sat & Sun, Nov 15th & 16th, 2014.
    Cost: $200 for pre-sale tickets for the weekend-long event (will be higher later). Pre-sale price guaranteed through 9/20/14.
    Lunch provided.

    The goal of this event is to provide you with personalized connections with those who matter most to your investing style and interests, provide an interactive forum and targeted events to network with those individuals, great speakers with plenty of time for Q&A, Panel Discussions, and vendors available to answer your questions or connect - without any hard sales pitches or guru speakers trying to peddle their programs. As the host and organizer, that is my commitment to you. There are no big corporate sponsors pulling the strings. I

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.