Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
I would like to invite everyone out to the San Francisco Bay Area for a Massive Real Estate Investor Summit in October this year! This would be a massive Friday evening through Sunday event with extensive networking opportunities, “deal” groups with investors, commercial lenders, and private money lenders, and informative and action-oriented speaking sessions to improve your real estate investing (and your life!). Details below, and more to come!
What: Massive RE Investor Summit!!! Where: San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States When: Fri eve through Sun, October, 2014 (exact weekend to be announced) Why:Find funding and deals, develop meaningful relationships through face-to-face meetings, learn more about advancing and improving your existing RE performance, other target investment areas, current market updates, ideas on how/where to invest today, and meet and have fun with great people in a great place! Cost: Yes. There will be a cost to get the space we need, amenities, snacks/food/drink, etc, It will be reasonable for a function like this in the Bay. More to come as the details are finalized. YOU:Please post below if you’re interested in coming out for this informative and fun event! I’ll get your email address from your BP account and email you when the details are pinned down!
I am organizing this meetup, and it is not put on by or endorsed by Bigger Pockets. But I would like to invite @Joshua D. n and @Brandon Turner to come back out to the Bay and join this even larger RE investor gathering in October! And thanks to @Jaren Barnes for graciously volunteering to help me set this up also. Speakers and guests TBA.. Let me know if this sounds like something you’ll enjoy below!
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y
There will be lots for everyone! ..With more advanced topics such as improving performance of your existing portfolio (step-by-step), what lenders are looking for right now (purchase & cash-out/HELOC), syndication deals (setting up, investing, & opportunities), enhancing processes & freeing up time, & DEAL SESSIONS – where active commercial lenders, private lenders, and investors will be on hand to look at deals, build longer-term relationships, or give advice and what they are looking for. Existing active investors who regularly look for funding will also be there.
Newer investors will hear from a variety of speakers about different investing strategies (buy and hold, wholesaling, fix & flip, triple-net, note investing, etc), practical examples of deals closed and performance, market updates on current metrics, out-of-state investing examples, where to find more information, and what types of deals are available today - from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
There is already a large group of over 100 experienced, informative, and active investors in the SF Bay that I have had the pleasure of meeting, most recently at the SF Meetup I had the pleasure of organizing, with Josh Dorkin and Brandon Turner in attendance. This is just the tip of the iceburg of real estate investors in California, the Left Coast, and the entire US who would like to get together to learn & share more, develop meaningful personal contacts for future deals, and have a blast with like-minded individuals in a wonderful location!! (when the sun should be shining!).
I'm hoping @Joshua D. and @Brandon Turner can make it back in October. While this is not a BP event, I will be inviting a lot of non-BP members, and would love for them to come and speak about what BP has to offer!
Thanks again to @Jaren Barnes for volunteering to help out, and anyone else interested in helping, speaking or sponsoring, is encouraged to contact me at [email protected] . Hope to see you there!
PLEASE POST BELOW IF YOU’RE INTERESTED, AND TAG SOME LOCALS IN YOUR AREA! LET’S MAKE THIS THE BIGGEST & BEST MEETUP YET!!
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y
To be clear, there WILL be some type of cost for the event, as detailed in the cost section of the posting, but not in the inputs at the top. I put "yes" in the $, but it says "free" instead. Cost to be announced (TBA).
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y
I forgot to mention, I'm offering a full refund of the event price to whoever comes from the furthest away. And half off to the second furthest person. So far, @Jonathan Plair would be the one attending for free, if he makes it out from Detroit, Michigan, and no one else comes from further! Jonathan, can you tag some other BP members you know who might want to come out? Thanks!
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y
And I have to give a shout-out to some cities..
San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Diego, Long Beach, Fresno, Eugene & Portland Oregon, Reno & Las Vegas Nevada , Seattle Washington , Mesa & Phoenix Arizona, New York City , Philadelphia Pennsylvania , Chicago Illinois , Houston , San Antonio, Austin, & Dallas Texas , Indianapolis Indiana, Miami & Jacksonville Florida, Columbus Ohio, Memphis Tennessee, Baltimore Maryland, Charlotte North Carolina , Boston Massachusetts, Milwaukee Wisconsin , Washington DC , Oklahoma City , Atlanta Georgia , Kansas City Missouri , New Orleans Louisiana , Cleveland Ohio , Omaha Nebraska,
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y
and of course, my local cities..
East Bay , East Bay Meetup , SF Bay Area Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , El Cerrito, Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pleasant Hill, Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley , South Bay, Peninsula, Palo Alto, Mountain View, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Redwood City, Hayward, Milpitas, Union City, Newark, Fremont , San Leandro , Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa
and some soCal from my Malibu meetup..
Los Angeles, LA, Hollywood, Long Beach, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Ventura, Ojai, Santa Barbara, Lompoc, Woodland Hills, Topanga, Santa Monica, Oxnard, Camarillo, Port Hueneme, Westlake Village, Agoura Hills, Newbury Park, Calabasas, Culver City, Inglewood, Marina Del Ray, Redondo Beach, Canoga Park, Van Nuys, Encino, Northridge.
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y
@Alan Malicse , I know you're always the first one on the posting! @Manch Hon , I will keep you in the loop.. Btw, you should talk to @Account Closed , and others in the South Bay..
@Elizabeth Colegrove , it would be nice to meet you in person. I know we've chatted on the forums a few times.. I'll let you know when I get some more details..
@Lulu L. , pleasure meeting you on Friday! Sorry I couldn't speak with you more, but thanks for hopping in so quickly! I'm excited about this event! Hope you are too!
@Jonathan Plair , like I said, so far, you have the full refund of event cost as the furthest person away! Please tag your friends!
Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2008 · 83 posts · 50 votes
12y
j, looking forword to an event like this. If you haven't nailed down a date ... later October is better for me...I'm always in Kona for the ironman worlds the first 3 weeks of October :-) I'd be up to present on something Comercial/MF related, my are of focus.
I would like to invite everyone out to the San Francisco Bay Area for a Massive Real Estate Investor Summit in October this year! This would be a massive Friday evening through Sunday event with extensive networking opportunities, “deal” groups with investors, commercial lenders, and private money lenders, and informative and action-oriented speaking sessions to improve your real estate investing (and your life!). Details below, and more to come!
What: Massive RE Investor Summit!!! Where: San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States When: Fri eve through Sun, October, 2014 (exact weekend to be announced) Why:Find funding and deals, develop meaningful relationships through face-to-face meetings, learn more about advancing and improving your existing RE performance, other target investment areas, current market updates, ideas on how/where to invest today, and meet and have fun with great people in a great place! Cost: Yes. There will be a cost to get the space we need, amenities, snacks/food/drink, etc, It will be reasonable for a function like this in the Bay. More to come as the details are finalized. YOU:Please post below if you’re interested in coming out for this informative and fun event! I’ll get your email address from your BP account and email you when the details are pinned down!
I am organizing this meetup, and it is not put on by or endorsed by Bigger Pockets. But I would like to invite @Joshua D. n and @Brandon Turner to come back out to the Bay and join this even larger RE investor gathering in October! And thanks to @Jaren Barnes for graciously volunteering to help me set this up also. Speakers and guests TBA.. Let me know if this sounds like something you’ll enjoy below!
Hi J,
Can you please email me the details. I will put it down in my calender.
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y
@Donna Jones ,You will be the one getting the free pass if you make it, so far, from Miami Florida!
@Kevin Young I’ll have a lot to juggle with the date, but thanks for volunteering on the speaking side, and I’ll be in touch when I have more details about the event.. And sure I'll see you before that! We can talk about it.
@Jaren Barnes for offering to pitch in to help. Should be a great event! I’ll be in touch! Others, please tag the people you know!
@Erik K. , I’ll definitely let you know when I have the details. I’m excited!
@Engelo Rumora , likewise, I’ll let you know when I have the details.
Should be a great event!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there, and will be in touch with further details!