San Jose Meetup - Friday 10/17/14

San Jose Meetup - Friday 10/17/14

When:

Where:Whispers Cafe and Creperie 1085 E Brokaw Rd Ste 10 San Jose, CA 95131

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Johnson H.Pro Member
Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes

Hi All,

Last few months we have had over 20+ BP members attend this meetup, chatting about investing in the San Jose area and also out of state. @Jay Y. initially suggested this meetup and I have been keeping it going ever since. Regular experienced investors such as @J. Martin from Oakland and @Account Closed in San Jose have been attending. We welcome anyone who would like to attend!

When: Friday, October 17, 2014, 7:00pm

Where: Whispers Cafe and Creperie (outside patio)

(The cafe is in the same complex as City Sports and in the same building as Five Guys on the opposite side of the building.)

1085 E Brokaw Rd
Ste 10
San Jose, CA 95131

Looking forward to meeting new investors and seeing familiar faces.

Regards,

Johnson

Keywords:

South Bay , South Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pittsburgh , Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley, San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, Santa Cruz

2Reply
66 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
11y

Hopefully its not starting 4 hours earlier like the last one!  :)

See this reply in the discussion

58 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Redwood City, CA · Member since 2012 · 272 posts · 399 votes
    11y

    Hey @j martin,

    Thanks for the shout out!  I'm looking forward to the Summit.  Will be big fun!

    Cheers, 

    Jeff

  • Investor · Los Altos, CA · Member since 2014 · 942 posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Johnson H.  Thanks for pulling the meet together.  It was great to meet everybody and share ideas!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Saratoga, CA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Fun time last night chatting with everyone. Sorry I couldn't meet and talk to everyone but there was some great sharing of ideas and networking.

    Thanks for setting this up Johnson!

    Like I said, I'm an IT guy/Realtor who loves to hear new ideas about investing (both buy/hold and wholesaling/flipping) as well as other ways people can pool their finances and leverage great deals.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 22 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    Thanks again Johnson! I learned a lot and had a great time talking most people. Till the next meet-up!....

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    11y

    Hi All, thanks for everybody coming out for the meetup! We definitely had over 30+ investors, if not 40+, attend and chat about real estate. This was the largest turnout to date! It's exciting to talk to so many people about real estate and meet new faces every time, I'm really glad that people enjoy the meetups as much as me.

    I did have a chat with the manager of the restaurant and he thought we only spent $103 among the whole group. I knew this was the wrong amount as I saw everyone eating and drinking so I didn't argue with him. However, for the next meetup, lets all support the restaurant and the workers by spending $10 each and TIPPING! The space and the meetup is free and the service has been excellent. I would hate to lose this great meetup space!

    The next meetup will be November 7, please save the date! I will get this up on BP when I have a free moment this week. Thanks everybody for making these meetups so great!

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    11y

    Hi Everyone,

    I have setup the next meetup for November 7. I hope to see everyone there again!

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/153422-san-jose-meetup---friday-11-7-14

    Thanks,

    Johnson

  • Contractor / Flipper · Hayward, CA · Member since 2014 · 195 posts · 86 votes
    11y

    Thanks Johnson for organizing it.  It was great meeting everyone and sharing too.  My wife was impressive of the number of people showed up and the vast variety of different styles/experience in RE investment.

    Too bad we had to leave early because we couldn't ask the baby sisters to keep the kids longer than that.

    Next time I'll definitely hang around. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.