San Jose Meetup - Friday 10/17/14

San Jose Meetup - Friday 10/17/14

When:

Where:Whispers Cafe and Creperie 1085 E Brokaw Rd Ste 10 San Jose, CA 95131

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Johnson H.Pro Member
Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes

Hi All,

Last few months we have had over 20+ BP members attend this meetup, chatting about investing in the San Jose area and also out of state. @Jay Y. initially suggested this meetup and I have been keeping it going ever since. Regular experienced investors such as @J. Martin from Oakland and @Account Closed in San Jose have been attending. We welcome anyone who would like to attend!

When: Friday, October 17, 2014, 7:00pm

Where: Whispers Cafe and Creperie (outside patio)

(The cafe is in the same complex as City Sports and in the same building as Five Guys on the opposite side of the building.)

1085 E Brokaw Rd
Ste 10
San Jose, CA 95131

Looking forward to meeting new investors and seeing familiar faces.

Regards,

Johnson

Keywords:

South Bay , South Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pittsburgh , Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley, San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, Santa Cruz

2Reply
80 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
12y

Hopefully its not starting 4 hours earlier like the last one!  :)

See this reply in the discussion

58 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Campbell, CA · Member since 2014 · 187 posts · 70 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Suzanna Lam:

    ..."being a successful RE investor is having the ability to solve the seller's problem that no realtor or anyone out there can solve for them and believe or not all sellers have some type of problem they're trying to get rid of.  If you ask the right questions, they will reveal their problems and bam you will get the big fish if you present a suitable solution to them"

    Nicely put! It's all about knowing where to find the buttons waiting to be pushed.

    I'll join the meetup *** well. I'm very excited to attend this very first meetup event to meet all you guys. My colleague @Moshe Gat who has been to several said it's very nice and helpful, so I'll be taking good advice.

  • Contractor / Flipper · Hayward, CA · Member since 2014 · 195 posts · 86 votes
    11y

    I'll be there, hopefully early to network and learn more from everyone! 

    Would be my first. Also, I have a meeting place in Hayward and will ask you guys more on hosting one there, maybe at the meet-up because I don't want to hack the thread. Hehehe. 

    Thanks for hosting. 

    Nhi

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    11y

    @Assaf Furman  & @Nhi Nguyen - Looking forward to meeting both of you guys!

    Nhi, you should definitely link up with @J. Martin as he runs meetups all over the East Bay and can easily setup something with you! 

  • Contractor / Flipper · Hayward, CA · Member since 2014 · 195 posts · 86 votes
    11y

    Thanks Johnson. 

    Can't wait to see all this Fri!  

  • Investor · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2012 · 118 posts · 121 votes
    11y

    Looks like I will also be able to make it this Friday.  Looking forward to meeting all the regulars @J. Martin and others.

  • Investor · Milpitas, CA · Member since 2014 · 116 posts · 103 votes
    11y

    I am a bit bummed that I cannot make it this month. 

    I am currently in the middle of closing on a duplex in East Coast, and considering to do a small private money lending. Hopefully I have something exciting to share next month.

    Have fun guys!

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    11y

    @Sandeep S.  - Looking forward to seeing you again. I hope you're killing it in Houston!

    @Ezra Nugroho  - You'll be missed! I do want to hear about your new duplex. I am going to have dinner with @Harshad Ranade tomorrow night in Mountain View. Want to join us?

  • East Bay, CA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    I am newbie that just moved to the Bay Area and this will be my first meetup. Looking forward to meeting up with all of you this Friday

  • Investor · Tracy, CA · Member since 2014 · 49 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    Sorry cant be there for travel reasons. Would love to be there next time though.

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2014 · 22 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    Anybody driving from San Francisco I can carpool with?

  • Investor · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2011 · 92 posts · 69 votes
    11y

    @Johnson H. what time is the dinner and where in Mountain View? I might be able to join you guys.  Unfortunately, I can't make the Friday meet up.

  • Investor · Los Altos, CA · Member since 2014 · 942 posts · 1k+ votes
    11y
    Hello everybody, I am looking forward to going to my first meet up and putting some faces to names!
  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    11y

    @Yuliany W.  - Time is set at 6:30 but we haven't pick a place yet. I am going to look around tonight. Any suggestions?

    @Arlen Chou  @Nischal Belthangady @Account Closed - Looking forward to meeting all of you.

    @Asim G.  - I hope to see you next time!

  • Investor · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2011 · 92 posts · 69 votes
    11y

    @Johnson H. does it have to be in Mountain View? 

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    11y

    @Yuliany W.  - I don't think so. We made it Mountain View as I am staying in a hotel there and its close by @Harshad Ranade work but I don't know where he works exactly. Just dont make us drive too far!

  • Investor · Bay Area, CA · Member since 2011 · 92 posts · 69 votes
    11y

    @Johnson H. @Harshad Ranade is this too far for you? Lillie Mae's House of Sould Food, North San Jose. Sorry can't paste a link here.

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    11y

    @Yuliany W.  - I absolutely love fried chicken! Let me email you guys privately!

  • Real Estate Investor · Redwood City, CA · Member since 2012 · 272 posts · 399 votes
    11y

    Once again, I have plans that prevent me from hitting this Meetup.  Argh.......One of these days.

    Happy hunting!

    Cheers, 

    Jeff

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Johnson H. ,

    Thanks for organizing again! I'll see you down there! @Account Closed , Congratulations! That looks like an excellent deal..

  • Rental Property Investor · California, CA · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    I will try to join you guys this Friday if my hubby can watch the kids, looking forward to it

  • Real Estate Investor · Gilroy, CA · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Look forward to seeing everyone there!

  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    11y

    Looking forward to meeting the new people come out to this meetup!

    It looks like I will be there at 4pm. Come early if you want to everyone. @Account Closed and @J. Martin should be there early as well.

  • Real Estate Investor · Santa Clara, CA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    I'll be there too. Looking forward to seeing u guys again.

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    11y

    Tomorrow!?!?  This snuck up on me this week!  I'll be there.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jeff Pollack:

    Once again, I have plans that prevent me from hitting this Meetup.  Argh.......One of these days.

    Happy hunting!

    Cheers, 

    Jeff

    Next time! I'll put in a reminder for your meetup next Wed at Harry's Hoffbrau in San Jose at this one Jeff ;)  Looking forward to having you out at the Summit too! I'll be calling you soon..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.