Atlanta Meetup May 16, 2015 - RSVP Now!

Atlanta Meetup May 16, 2015 - RSVP Now!

When:

Where:Gordon Biersch Buckhead

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 646 posts · 392 votes

Dear Atlanta BP Members, 

Back by popular demand..This time ITP @Cal C. :-)

We are introducing a two part networking event:

Event 1: Networking Lunch (11:30 am - ~1:00 pm)

Opportunity to Meet & Greet with fellow BP Atlanta members. It’s just a networking lunch

Event 2: Fix & Flip Site (1:30 pm - 3:30 pm)

We are excited to provide Atlanta BP community with a unique opportunity to visit an active flip project in Atlanta.

This opportunity provides Real Estate Professionals interested in Flipping houses with an opportunity to attend active flip project and ask questions from our resident flipper @Abhi Golhar and Walt Higgins

We will include following topics:

  • Marketing
  • Finding Deals
  • Financing Your Flips
  • Buy, Renovate, Sell the house
  • Discuss Local Market Trends and Insights

Where?

Event 1: Gordon Biersch Buckhead

Address: 3242 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30305

Event 2: Fix & Flip Site 

Address: Exact address to be provided to RSVP members 

When?

Saturday, May 16 at Gordon Biersch Buckhead (networking lunch) followed by a Flip Site Visit (RVSP members only)

Want to RSVP?

Click here to RSVP!

Download Atlanta Meetup Invite

Look forward to seeing the Atlanta BP community. 

5Reply
78 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 389 posts · 250 votes
11y

Huge props to Azeez, Abhi and Walt for a superb meetup today!  Quality folks turned out, a nice mix of newbies and folks with 1 or more clues, and the presentation that Abhi and Walt gave was incredibly useful and real.

Thanks for an intown weekend event. Maybe for the full-timers it's harder on the weekend (thank heavens my daughter didn't have any refereeing gigs today!), but it did seem like a large number of W-2 job holding folks were able to come today.  I asked for intown, but I never anticipated that Walt and Abhi's build would be in my own neighborhood, and that I'd already passed it twice this morning before the lunch!  For me, WAY more accessible than a Thursday lunch in Duluth (just sayin . .  .) Cheers, guys!

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Hoschton, GA · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    I just ordered my ticket!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 646 posts · 392 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed - Looking forward to seeing you 

    Thanks to all the Atlanta BP members who have registered. Look forward to meeting you all in person. 

  • Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    I rsvp'd for both events, but I had to come into work this morning and will not make it to the networking event.  I haven't received any information regarding the location for the fix and flip site.  Does anyone else have the information? @azeez k

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 389 posts · 250 votes
    11y

    Huge props to Azeez, Abhi and Walt for a superb meetup today!  Quality folks turned out, a nice mix of newbies and folks with 1 or more clues, and the presentation that Abhi and Walt gave was incredibly useful and real.

    Thanks for an intown weekend event. Maybe for the full-timers it's harder on the weekend (thank heavens my daughter didn't have any refereeing gigs today!), but it did seem like a large number of W-2 job holding folks were able to come today.  I asked for intown, but I never anticipated that Walt and Abhi's build would be in my own neighborhood, and that I'd already passed it twice this morning before the lunch!  For me, WAY more accessible than a Thursday lunch in Duluth (just sayin . .  .) Cheers, guys!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 389 posts · 250 votes
    11y

    Oh, and FYI --  keywords Atlanta, Decatur, Kirkwood, meetup.  @Azeez K.  

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    Yes thanks guys! Really appreciated you sharing your recent buy and hope it's a great success. Thank you Azeez k. for pulling it together. Nice to meet people all on the same path whether we are at the same pace or not. Looking forward to the next one! 

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 378 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    @Azeez K. did a phenomenal job of putting the meetup together and a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that attended on a Saturday - it was very nice meeting all of you and seeing a few familiar faces!  

    The questions asked were stellar and both Walt and I are grateful to have the opportunity to provide detailed insight into a lead generation strategy that isn't used too often by investors that we felt you could benefit from AND share the story of a new construction case study which opened up for an on-site tour.

    I will be emailing everyone that attended a special link that contains all the downloads that I mentioned.

    Please feel free to connect with me with any comments or questions!

  • Investor · Suwanee, GA · Member since 2015 · 127 posts · 34 votes
    11y

    @Abhi GolharThanks to both you and Walt for sharing with us and being so transparent about your experience.  Also thanks for sharing the materials!

    @Azeez K.Thanks for coordinating this event.  It really helps to network with others and learn from the experiences of others.

    This was a great event!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 378 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    Everyone,

    I sent out an email with the Download Link about 2 hours ago. For those that didn't receive it, please message me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

    -Abhi

  • Smyrna, GA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 1 vote
    11y

    Azeez - Thanks for putting this together.  As a newbie eager to get started, it was inspiring and beneficial to have the chance to meet so many local folks already active or interested in real-estate investing.

    Abhi - excellent presentation.  I learned a lot from the dialogue, and although I am nowhere near ready to take on the deals you presented, it opened my eyes up to a lot of possibilities down the road I had not previously considered.  

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 646 posts · 392 votes
    11y

    Hi @Anna Watkins, @Louise Courville, @Abhi Golhar 

    @Maxwell Hunter @Frank Burford

     and all the other people who attended the Atlanta BP meetup. It was a great turn out and I appreciate everyone coming out to attend the event on a Saturday. Special thanks to Abhi and Walt for the great presentation and inviting us to visit at his flip site. 

    I look forward to hanging out with all the Atlanta BP members at the next event. Thanks again

  • Wholesaler · Powder Springs, GA · Member since 2013 · 516 posts · 143 votes
    11y

    last time we got an email with every ones info in so we could exchange afterwards. I met some people and didn't write their info down thinking we would get that later. 

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 646 posts · 392 votes
    11y

    @Mike Watkins Absolutely. Will send it over. 

  • Wholesaler · Powder Springs, GA · Member since 2013 · 516 posts · 143 votes
    11y

    thanks dude. You're the man. 

  • Investor · Marietta, GA · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Dang, just missed it!  Sounds like it was great.  I'm a newbie and excited to get started.  When is the next event?

  • Douglasville, GA · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    @Azeez K. Are there any Atlanta meetups currently scheduled? I'd be really interested to attend. I searched the forums and haven't seen any for future dates.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.