Atlanta Meetup May 16, 2015 - RSVP Now!

Atlanta Meetup May 16, 2015 - RSVP Now!

When:

Where:Gordon Biersch Buckhead

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 646 posts · 392 votes

Dear Atlanta BP Members, 

Back by popular demand..This time ITP @Cal C. :-)

We are introducing a two part networking event:

Event 1: Networking Lunch (11:30 am - ~1:00 pm)

Opportunity to Meet & Greet with fellow BP Atlanta members. It’s just a networking lunch

Event 2: Fix & Flip Site (1:30 pm - 3:30 pm)

We are excited to provide Atlanta BP community with a unique opportunity to visit an active flip project in Atlanta.

This opportunity provides Real Estate Professionals interested in Flipping houses with an opportunity to attend active flip project and ask questions from our resident flipper @Abhi Golhar and Walt Higgins

We will include following topics:

  • Marketing
  • Finding Deals
  • Financing Your Flips
  • Buy, Renovate, Sell the house
  • Discuss Local Market Trends and Insights

Where?

Event 1: Gordon Biersch Buckhead

Address: 3242 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30305

Event 2: Fix & Flip Site 

Address: Exact address to be provided to RSVP members 

When?

Saturday, May 16 at Gordon Biersch Buckhead (networking lunch) followed by a Flip Site Visit (RVSP members only)

Want to RSVP?

Click here to RSVP!

Download Atlanta Meetup Invite

Look forward to seeing the Atlanta BP community. 

5Reply
105 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 389 posts · 250 votes
11y

Huge props to Azeez, Abhi and Walt for a superb meetup today!  Quality folks turned out, a nice mix of newbies and folks with 1 or more clues, and the presentation that Abhi and Walt gave was incredibly useful and real.

Thanks for an intown weekend event. Maybe for the full-timers it's harder on the weekend (thank heavens my daughter didn't have any refereeing gigs today!), but it did seem like a large number of W-2 job holding folks were able to come today.  I asked for intown, but I never anticipated that Walt and Abhi's build would be in my own neighborhood, and that I'd already passed it twice this morning before the lunch!  For me, WAY more accessible than a Thursday lunch in Duluth (just sayin . .  .) Cheers, guys!

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 378 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    We're really looking forward to meeting everyone! Come with questions. There will be a LOT of Q&A.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 389 posts · 250 votes
    11y

    Excellent!  Two winning points -- intown, and on a weekend (so the part-timers don't have to miss  W-2 work).  The fix-n-flip tour is lagniappe! See y'all there.

  • Investor · Suwanee, GA · Member since 2015 · 127 posts · 34 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Azeez K.I'm all signed up +1...can't wait!

  • Canton, GA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Azeez K. Looking forward to my first meet up!

  • Investor/Syndicator · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 470 posts · 599 votes
    11y

    @Azeez K.

     Great ideas for the meet ups. I am going to do my best to make it down for the lunch. I am in the middle of two flips so traveling the 500 miles for lunch may be tricky but I am going to try to squeeze it in. 

    I need to start meeting all the active investors of Georgia before I make the move!

  • Developer · Decatur, GA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Azeez K.  Thanks for setting this up, again!  Looking forward to lunch and to @Abhi Golhar' s flip.  

  • Investor · Peachtree Corners, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Azeez,

    thanks for setting this up.  Unfortunately, I already have plans for that weekend.  

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 40 votes
    11y

    @Azeez K. Thanks for getting it going, and it sounds like a great event.

    Unfortunately I will be out of town, will def make it the next time...

  • Investor · Taylorsville, GA · Member since 2014 · 352 posts · 540 votes
    11y

    @Azeez K.

     I wish I could make it but I'll be out of town that weekend.  But 1 vote for having it on the weekend - makes it so much easier to get there and not feel rushed to get back to work!  

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Been looking forward to this! Thanks @Azeez K.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 646 posts · 392 votes
    11y

    @Anna Watkins look forward to seeing you. Based on what you and some other members suggested we are having this networking event on the weekend. Look forward to seeing you there. If you have any more suggestions feel free to list them out.

    @Maxwell Hunter thanks for signing up and look forward to seeing you

    @Adam Harris Look forward to having you at our first meetup. If you have any expectations of what you would want to see do let us know

    @Jered Sturm hey man I am sure you find sometime to fly down your private jet and teach Atlanta people a thing or two about flipping houses. It seems you are a busy man are you posting before and after pictures on BP. When you moving down..we should have a special meetup for you :-)

    @Rick Baggenstoss it has been a while since we met. looking forward to hearing about your new projects

    @Cal C. You are most welcome. I look forward to seeing you at the next event hope things are going well on your end

    @Zach Liu too bad you will miss this one. However, I am sure I will see you before that

    @Julie Kern if this weekend goes well we will continue to have it on the weekends ITP.

    @Trevor Hawnyou are welcome..looking forward to seeing you guys.

    @Todd Whiddon where is the superstar hiding these days! The other day I was driving in Dunwoody and I came across this new construction and lo & behold I saw that it was your new construction site..looks pretty good. Congrats!

    Thanks everyone for responding.

  • Wholesaler · Powder Springs, GA · Member since 2013 · 516 posts · 143 votes
    11y

    I'll be coming again. The last one was great. 

  • Stockbridge, GA · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    @Azeez K. I rsvp'd and look forward to meeting fellow Atlanta BPs!

  • Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi everyone! Would love to at least make the second event for the site visit but unable to register for it. The error message that I'm receiving is "Whoops, the page or event you are looking for was not found." Please let me know if registration for this event is still open.

  • Investor/Syndicator · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 470 posts · 599 votes
    11y

    WOW! @Azeez K. Haha Im not sure If I have earned that kind of status just yet, but believe me Im trying :). 

    The before and after pictures will come, I promise.for now here is the after pictures in our listing of our recent flip PICTURES. This flip was a home run. In the first 24 hours we had 35 showings 6 offers at or above asking. Ended up coming out looking pretty with 75K profit. Hopefully I can find some of those in Georgia!!

    To all the active BP ATL investors keep your ears out for me on the BP pod cast. Josh Brandon and I recorded a week ago so I should be coming up in the next 3 weeks give or take!!

    I look forward to meeting Everyone, Building new relationships AND no more snow!!! :)

  • Kevin PolitePro Member
    Investor · Decatur Atlanta, GA · Member since 2011 · 610 posts · 232 votes
    11y

    I so want to go to this! Sent for my Mom for a Birthday/Mother's Day present. I couldn't ditch Mom for this....could I? You folks enjoy and I'll see ya at the next one.

  • Investor · Roswell, GA · Member since 2008 · 231 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    Our weekends are filled with travel baseball games, so unless we get a lot of rain that day I wont be able to make it this time.  Since we have already had so much rain this Spring, I cant really hope for more....

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    If I am in town, I will definitely join all of you for lunch. Look forward to meeting fellow Atlanta BPs.

  • Norcross, GA · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 26 votes
    11y

    Sounds great.  Love the chance to see rehabs in progress.  I'll be there.

  • Napa, CA · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    All signed up. I am a new member and just moved to the Buckhead area. This site has provided me with so much amazing information! Just closed on my first buy and hold property and looking for more! Thanks!!
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2009 · 381 posts · 134 votes
    11y

    Hey, Azeez thank for putting this together. Sounds great, see you May 16th.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 646 posts · 392 votes
    11y

    @Mike Watkins will you be joining us this time around. Hope all is well!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2010 · 325 posts · 335 votes
    11y

    @Azeez K. I may have to find a stunt Dad to handle soccer for me that day, but I'll do my best to make it, Look forward to seeing everyone!

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Azeez K. 

    Sounds great! Just signed up. I'm pretty new to BP so I'm looking forward to this.

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Newbie here excited to attend first meet up and make some connections and the 16th is actually my birthday so its going to be a great day! :-)

    I rsvp'd for the lunch for unfortunately the flip site is already sold out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.