Bellevue/Eastside Pacific NW Real Estate Meetup - June 5th

24 Replies

• 06/05/15 07:00PM
  • Bellevue, Washington
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

If you attended the awesome Lakewood Meetup in April Hosted by the amazing @Kevin Carbon you might already know what to expect. Getting together with awesome individuals, having a bite to eat and enjoying a drink. With @Tiffany Plovie we have combined our powers create the Pacific NW Real Estate Meetup, hosting multiple events every month around the Seattle Market! Come out and realize the power of networking!

Since the first meetup is going to be limited seating please head over to our meetup page and RSVP. http://www.meetup.com/PacificNWRealEstate/events/2...

Eastside, Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Issaquah, Renton, Snoqualmie, and all of Washington.

@Angela Wagner @Katherine Swanberg @Hao Kung @Tarin Todd @Eric Deshaun

@Stevie Ackerman @Lori Valene @Jan Wanot @Jiri Vetyska @Dustin Little @Alex Bezu

@Melissa Melia @Kyle Parks @Scott Price @Tarl Yarber @Aaron Ramm @Tim Holmes

@Natalie Kolodij @Zach Schwarzmiller @Adrian Chu @Albert Bui @Nghi Le

Curses.  I checked the wrong box, there will NOT be pitching of products or services at this meeting, it's just a social get together with investors talking about who they are and what they do!

Ughhhh its the same night as the new incidious movie release. 

They weren't kidding when they said real estate investing isn't easy. The struggle is real. 

Sounds fun. I don't have  much experience yet but I may join if that's okay. 

Thanks for the mention and putting this event together, @Troy Fisher ! The last one was really fun, but I have a schedule conflict for this one - meeting with a new client. Next time!

P.S. When are we having lunch? PM me

@Natalie Kolodij - I know! How is that we even do the things we do!  Every day I cry and die a little bit inside wondering what horrors led me down this street!

@Allan Leal - We love to talk about real estate!  we love newbies and we love oldbies.  Most of us just love the sound of our own voices so we'll talk to anyone who'll listen!

@Melissa Melia - At your pleasure? Except for the following days: Monday, I will be in Seattle, I'm attending the GURU Marco Kozlowski lunch seminar, I may live tweet it and my responses, but I definitely am going to be there to hand out my card!  Wednesday I have standing lunch plans, and Friday I'll head over to the king county auction, oh and dinner at the meetup.  

@Troy Fisher : [email protected] Newbies and Oldbies. 

Thank you very much for the tag! I am still living in Germany until mid July. Definitely excited for the next one, let me know. 

BTW, what is your experience and success with the king county auction? 

@Jan Wanot -

It's been awhile since I've been to the king county auction (6 years or so) so I'm just going to get a feel for it this week.

Don't forget, we have limited seating available, if you are interested in going to this event, head over to our meetup page and rsvp!  It's looking like we've got a good group of people actively investing in the Seattle Market, flippers in Seattle, Wholesalers in the Region, buy and hold landlords, and a couple of us crazy out of state investors!  It's going to be a great cross-section of the BP community who are among us, on the streets.  

I get out of work (in Redmond) sometime between 5pm and 6pm, so if anyone wants to get together at 6pm to sit and chat before things get really busy, let me know!  I can talk about real estate all day long; my area of focus is in flipping and private lending.  Or we can talk about IT too, but that's probably not as interesting :-)

I'll be there at 6pm!  I know that @Natalie Kolodij is busy hanging drywall, and a couple of people are going to be late, but I am absolutely amazed that we only have 6 spots left for tonight!  People are bringing people, and people are showing up!  I am headed off to the Snohomish Auction this morning so I'll be buzzing and ready to talk about that for sure tonight. 

Remember folks, we have limited seating, so if you aren't rsvp'd we can't make sure that the venue will allow us to fit more than the suggested amount of people in the room.  They might get iffy about the fire code.  So if you are planning on coming and haven't rsvp'd, you'd better get to it!

@Troy Fisher

I've been real curious about the Snohomish auction let me know how it is!

I've moved on from drywall....I'm replacing a subfloor now. But I'll be there!

Updated about 3 years ago

I won't be able to attend :( I just heard back about a dog I'm trying to adopt so I've got to go to the humane society this evening.

Work/Life balance, huh?  Well have fun with the new pup!

I RSVP-ed but I won't be able to make it.  Hope to see you guys next time.

That was very fun.  Nice meeting so many great folks.  Hope to see you all again soon

Awesome meeting everyone, thanks for coming out and making our first meeting such a success!  We've got a pretty awesome group of people here in the Seattle Market, especially us Kirkland/Redmond/Bellevue people.  Thanks to the northend Everett, Lynnwood, and Snohomish folks who came out to play.  And of course you Seattites who came across the bridge!  

I hope everyone enjoyed the meetup and liked the format.  I'll be playing with our meeting days, places, and format for the next couple of meetups to see how we all vibe with each other.

@Lori Valene - Great to see you again!  It's amazing that you've got so many things going on and making it happen.  No wonder people sing your praise all over town! 

@Jami Morton - Beers at the bar!  You are killing it for only be 6 months in!  Turnkey homes, Tax Deeds.  You are blowing it up.  I hope you got a chance to talk to @Becky Wong about some private lending.

@Khanh & @Nghi Le - You guys have the drive!  6 Flips in Seattle in 6 months, and hungry for more?  With fulltime jobs?  Bam.  Hopefully you met some people that will help you keep taking down more properties.

@Hao Kung - Oh Las Vegas!  What a town.  I love being able to write off the getting there and being there for a weekend, but that town has really run me down being in the places I am!  Can't wait to find out more about where you are going with your investing.

@Min Qiu - Great to meet you and your wife!  The hardest part is pulling that trigger and then it just cascades up! If you didn't get inspired by this group of people, I don't know what it'll take.

@Jeff Jordan - I love the idea of Note Investing!  How awesome is it to really have a mail paycheck!  Wish I had spent some more time drilling into your note investing, I know there are a bunch of different strategies.

@Cecilia P - House Hacking for the win!  It's the easiest way to get into the game sometimes.  Can't wait to hear about your adventures after you close escrow.

@Julian Buick - Gotta pull that trigger buddy!  With a guy like Jeff in your corner, you are going to do alright.

@Walter W. - Turnkey expert.  Sounds like you've got it figured out on how to vet those turnkey guys and really kill it in that niche.  

@Matt Leopard - Killed it once in Arizona, now it's time to get it done locally!  

@Daanan - I'm always amazed at the Agents who never get into the game!  Your smart for wanting to get more involved.

@Alicia - Hope you met some people to be able to sell all those wholesale leads that Lori is helping you get.

@Becky - I'm sure everyone was happy to hear that you are ready and willing to Lend!  

@Doug - With Aaron and your back, and a great meeting, I hope we start hearing about your adventures in Real Estate soon.

@Aaron Ramm - Love the Hat!  And yah, I'm a nice guy in the real world, but don't tell anyone.  We should hook p for lunch or breakfast next week before I hit the Auction in Snohomish again.

@Terry - The first house is the hardest one.  You got it done, and now it's time to start dreaming about the next.

@Maxim Bovykin - I hope you and your wife heard some great advice about getting started in REI, and can start working on a plan to pulling the trigger.

@Jiri Vetyska - Renton used to be the place where I wouldn't go even to visit, and there you are getting great returns!  With your returns in cash and appreciation you are on one heck of a trajectory!

And remember if you are up to the drive next weekend on Saturday @Kevin Carbon is back at the Ram in Lakewood with our South End meetup:

http://www.meetup.com/PacificNWRealEstate/events/2...

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/195...

Since the first week of the month is near a 3 day weekend with the 4th, I'm going to shoot for thursday, but as long as you have your Eastside & Meetup keywords setup and you watch the meetup site, you'll know when and where!

HI TROY

YOU RAN A FIRST CLASS MEETUP. EXCITED FOR THE NEXT ONE.

Great meetup, thanks for organizing, @Troy Fisher

Was great to meet amazing folks: @Min Qiu @Cecilia P. @Walter W. @Nghi Le and many others!

Big thanks to @Troy Fisher for his hard work organizing and running this event!

The environment was nice and relaxed while at the same time Troy made sure everyone introduced themselves to the group.  He kept the interactions going the whole night and the night was a huge success!!  The people were great, the food was great.  I liked the location.  It was very nice meeting everyone there!!

NEXT MEETUP EVERYONE SHOULD BRING THEIR APPETITES AND EAT DINNER THERE!!

Not only did Troy put this whole thing together without getting paid for any of his time, HE PAID AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF MONEY BECAUSE WE DID NOT ORDER ENOUGH FOOD/DRINKS TO MEET THEIR MINIMUM!!

Thank you Troy for all of your time and hard work putting together and running this first small local BP group.   I look forward to attending more in the future!

-AA

Sorry I missed it!  We're in the process of moving back, but it will still be a couple more months before we're back full-time.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Wow, I didn't realize @Troy Fisher paid extra money for all of us!  I hope they counted the meal we ate there before we went in the room :-(

Regardless, we can make sure this doesn't happen again.

It has only been a week, but I can still remember that Friday night.  It was one of the best meetups we've ever been to (and we go to a LOT).  Thank you everyone, and especially Troy, for the experience.  I tried to find all of you on LinkedIn, but I think I'm pretty horrible at finding people... so if you want to connect with me, you can go here:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/nghile06

Or BP works too :-)

Looking forward to the next one!

Originally posted by @Nghi Le:

Wow, I didn't realize @Troy Fisher paid extra money for all of us!  I hope they counted the meal we ate there before we went in the room :-(

Regardless, we can make sure this doesn't happen again.

It has only been a week, but I can still remember that Friday night.  It was one of the best meetups we've ever been to (and we go to a LOT).  Thank you everyone, and especially Troy, for the experience.  I tried to find all of you on LinkedIn, but I think I'm pretty horrible at finding people... so if you want to connect with me, you can go here:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/nghile06

Or BP works too :-)

Looking forward to the next one!

Nghi,

Wow, thanks for the compliment.  I'm glad you think it was such a blockbuster event!  I wish I'd had more chance to talk to you about  your projects, but we'll get around to it at another meetup. I haven't heard from many people about the connections that they made last week, I'm hoping that a couple of people have connected since then and maybe had lunch or coffee, or are planning too soon!  I had coffee with @Lori Valene yesterday and she is doing some amazing things, and really helping people out, that is what all this is about.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.