San Francisco Bay Summit - Oct 7 & 8, 2017 - Join the Reunion!

San Francisco Bay Summit - Oct 7 & 8, 2017 - Join the Reunion!

This event is brought to you by:SF Bay Summit

When:

Where:1547 Lakeside Dr Oakland, CA 94612

Cost:$245.00 (Early Bird)

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

J. MartinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes

The 2017 SF Bay Real Estate Networking Summit is confirmed for Oct 7 & 8 in Oakland, CA!
www.SFBaySummit.com

For the third time, hundreds of real estate investors and experts will be gathering in the San Francisco Bay Area for a weekend of learning, networking, and joining forces to grow our real estate businesses!
This is NOT a Bigger Pockets event. But you'll recognize some familiar faces.

@Will Barnard, @Amanda Han, @J Scott, @Brie Schmidt, @Brian Burke, and many more will be out to share their experiences and answer your questions. 

Get your ticket (super early bird now!), a tax deduction, and seriously inspired!
www.SFBaySummit.com

"An exceedingly well-done conference, especially in terms of venue, speakers, vendors, info presented and opportunities for connection. What I learned and who I met will catapult me years forward in my abilities. Count me in for the next one!" - Erin A., Stockton, CA

Event: SF Bay Real Estate Networking Summit
Date: Sat & Sun, Oct 7 & 8, 2017
Location: Oakland, CA @ Oakland Scottish Rite

Get more info & Tickets here.. the earlier, the cheaper!
 www.sfbaysummit.com

10Reply
682 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y

great event.. Bruce Norris was worth the cost of admission.  some take aways from his presentation.

1. No major melt down in the near future.

2. mortgage market much stronger for obvious reasons  ( no liar loans real world underwriting)

3. markets would need 40% of the inventory on MLS to be foreclsoures to cause a major correction ( this is not happening).

4. He feels cap rates and multi family is the one segment that is frothy and could correct. 

5. in a subtle way he was saying when profits avail themselves it can be good to take it off the table.

Whats he doing now... his normal short term lending and he is now building some new construction.. as that is exactly what I do.. I felt like I was personally on the right track as well.. Great presentation.

See this reply in the discussion

280 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    9y

    I cannot wait!!! 

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    Nice, same venue.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    Looking forward to it. Should be lots of fun. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Redwood City, CA · Member since 2012 · 272 posts · 399 votes
    9y

    Gonna be big fun! Thanks J!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    We had an awesome time last year! What did you all think? Are you going to be able to make it out again? Tag a friend or two!

    @Igor Zaytsev @Neil Evangelista @Ganesh S. @Stan K. @Tim Kunz @Lisa Miller @Bing Lee @Raimondo F.  @Brandon Foken @Debby Chen @Ofer Dallal @Doug Chinn @Jeff Pollack @Matt Mason @Omi C. @Nawien Sharma @Tony Rishell @Account Closed

    Last year, we had speakers and attendees from more than 12 different states, and all over the SF Bay Area, including San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Vallejo, Gilroy, Monterey, up and down California from San Diego to Los Angeles up to Sacramento. 

    Out of state folks came from Phoenix, Denver, Chicago, Philadelphia, Seattle, and as far as Anchorage Alaska!! 

    We're looking forward to a diverse set of investors to network with this year also! You don't know what you don't know ;)

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Will Barnard,

    We're stoked to have you out this year! You've been on my list of speakers to get out since the first Summit back in 2014 when I was working a w2 job! 
    What's most on your mind right now Will? Anything you're excited or concerned about? 

    @Brie Schmidt,

    Welcome back out (again!). Always happy to have you out :) Anyone else want to go diving with great whites before the Summit? (full refund if you become shark bait ;) What did you enjoy about last time? 

    @Chris Mason,

    I just LOVE that building!!!

    Great audio. 2 stages. 

    Plenty of other space to network.

    The big balcony overlooking Lake Merritt. 

    Can't go wrong!!! What did you think of it last time? Tag some folks who might want to come :)

    @Jeff Pollack 

    It's going to kick *** again! As usual, we'll be having a couple happy hours, even more time for networking, better organized, and a better food situation. (on top of course all the great speakers and everything else we always do). Anyone you know who might want to come this time?  What did you like most about last time? 

  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @J. Martin

    I need to get in one of those pictures next time!! 

    The McKernan Group4.957 Reviews
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    @J. Martin I am excited about the event, excited about the future possibilities of a real estate downturn (where I can really make some money), and concerned about finding new deals to flip (they are hard to find).

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    I had fun last year. The only bummer was that there was a gazillion pictures taken and none were shared.
  • Developer · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2012 · 132 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    I can't wait to attend I heard so many good things.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Will Barnard, 

    "@J. Martin I am excited about the event, excited about the future possibilities of a real estate downturn (where I can really make some money), and concerned about finding new deals to flip (they are hard to find)"

    We'll have to hit on the economic cycle at the Summit, as it's especially compelling to myself and others at this point in the game. I refreshed some unemployment data this morning, and the CA Unemployment Rate is already lower than it ever got in 2006/2007, and on par the dot com boom. There's usually a recession not long after the CA unemployment rate gets to or goes below 5.0%. So the clock looks like it's ticking! 

    @Lane Kawaoka,

    Glad you had fun last year, but you're right, I didn't do a good enough job publicizing the pictures for the event. I hired an event planner this year, and we'll make sure we do better about sharing the pics. I will post many more pictures on this forum, I posted a picture I found of you below, and just PM'd you a google drive of a bunch of pics from the event for you to enjoy :)  Thanks for coming out Lane, and email [email protected] if you'd like some more pics. 

    @Peter Mckernan, 

    I'll talk to our photographer, Rika, about specifically getting pictures of you this year! :)

    @Mel Jeffrey,

    "I can't wait to attend I heard so many good things."

    Mel, that's great to hear! Who you were you talking to? Or just in general on BP? 
    The least expensive pre-sale tickets are on sale now at:

    www.sfbaysummit.com

    So excited to see everyone again and meet some of these awesome investors and speakers I've never met in person yet! Hard to do all in one place ;)

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    9y

    Yep!  I think my plan is to spend a few days in Napa and then I am going great white shark diving on Thursday with a few Chicago investors so if you want to join let me know soon!

    My favorite part of the event was networking!  But I also really enjoyed listening to some really great speakers about what is going on in our industry! 

  • Lender · Bellevue WA & Orange County, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Peter Mckernan:

    @J. Martin

    I need to get in one of those pictures next time!! 

     You should Peter, see you there this year ?

  • Lender · Bellevue WA & Orange County, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Brie Schmidt:

    I cannot wait!!! 

     same here 

  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @J. Martin Haha.. Thank you, I would be honored! Glad you are getting another one put together! 

    The McKernan Group4.957 Reviews
  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Albert Bui 

    @J. Martin

    I need to make sure I have that weekend set for this conference, but I feel confident that I should make it work! Did you go last year Albert?

    The McKernan Group4.957 Reviews
  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Brie Schmidt,

    I might join you for the shark diving :) Napa wine tasting will be fun too. Who else is coming out from Chicago? Try to come with no casts/broken limbs this year!
    Glad you enjoyed the networking last time too. I'm planning some more coordinated networking for this time :)
    Who else is coming out from Chicago? @Danny Duran, you going to make it out to get some more questions answered?

    @Albert Bui, 

    Glad you can make it out from Seattle. I saw you and @Account Closed, 

    Get your sh*t together and get out here before the ticket prices go up! I promise you some nice photos this year ;) I'm not sure if there's anyone from Newport Beach coming up yet, but we had some folks from San Diego and Orange County last time. 

    We'll of course have lots of folks from San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley  , Richmond , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin , San Rafael , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Antioch , Pleasanton , San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, Santa Cruz, and Monterey too. 

    Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

    www.sfbaysummit.com

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @J. Martin:

    @Brie Schmidt,

    I might join you for the shark diving :) Napa wine tasting will be fun too. Who else is coming out from Chicago? Try to come with no casts/broken limbs this year!
    Glad you enjoyed the networking last time too. I'm planning some more coordinated networking for this time :)
    Who else is coming out from Chicago? @Danny Duran, you going to make it out to get some more questions answered?

    @Albert Bui, 

    Glad you can make it out from Seattle. I saw you and @Account Closed, 

    Get your sh*t together and get out here before the ticket prices go up! I promise you some nice photos this year ;) I'm not sure if there's anyone from Newport Beach coming up yet, but we had some folks from San Diego and Orange County last time. 

    We'll of course have lots of folks from San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley  , Richmond , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin , San Rafael , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Antioch , Pleasanton , San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, Santa Cruz, and Monterey too. 

    Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

    www.sfbaysummit.com

     You are so shameless with your pimping of city name keywords. :)

    My technology: "Eight new biggerpockets.com keyword notifications in the last 1 seconds!"

    Me: "Oh, J. Martin must have posted something."

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Chris Mason,

    It's true! But gotta let the people know, right? 
    Did you have a good time last year? Going to make it out again this time? 

  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @J. Martin:

    @Chris Mason,

    It's true! But gotta let the people know, right? 
    Did you have a good time last year? Going to make it out again this time? 

     Yup, and you and I actually have two things to talk about. Hit me up this week.

  • Lender · Bellevue WA & Orange County, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Peter Mckernan:

    @Albert Bui 

    @J. Martin

    I need to make sure I have that weekend set for this conference, but I feel confident that I should make it work! Did you go last year Albert?

    No Peter but I registered for this year. I'll be back in OC this Tuesday till June 10th. 

  • Jana CainPro Member
    Enrolled Agent · Richmond, CA · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 148 votes
    9y

    I just registered - super excited to attend!

  • Specialist · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2012 · 72 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    Looking forward to making it out this year!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Chris Mason,

    Let's be sure to connect this week. 

    @Albert Bui and @Jana Cain

    Stoked you can make it! It's gonna be kick ***!
    We have both of you registered.
    Jana, I have some property out in Richmond also. 
    Who are you most excited to meet/see at the event? What are your main goals? 

    @Jonny C.,
    Glad you're going to get it on the calendar this year! Super early bird tickets now, so it's as cheap as it will get unless you want to be my slave! hahaha ;)

  • Jana CainPro Member
    Enrolled Agent · Richmond, CA · Member since 2016 · 225 posts · 148 votes
    9y

    @J. Martin My main goal is to figure out how to put my plan in action. I definitely know where I want to end up, but I'm still narrowing down (figuring out?) how/where I want to start. That whole "plan execution" thing is quite the puzzle. :-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.