DFW Investors Happy Hour Meetup

DFW Investors Happy Hour Meetup

When:

Where:Dallas, TX

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 24 votes

This will be our third happy hour meetup. People start to arrive at 5, but come whenever you are able as we tend to stick around til at least 8pm.

Thursday, 8/3 @ 5pm

Ginger Man

2718 Boll St, Dallas, TX 75204

No pitching, no gurus, just casual networking!

2Reply
113 views

Most Popular Reply

Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 745 votes
9y

We have attended the last few months since these began, its a great group of folks.

See you there!!

See this reply in the discussion

55 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    @Arnold Mochabo @Alfred Lam - Can certainly get you both added. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll put you in the group. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 65 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    @Nick Hughes this sounds great! Could you please add me to the distribution list? Email is [email protected]!

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 24 votes
    9y
  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thank you so much @Bart H. and @Nick Hughes ! My husband @Kevin Tsui and I actually booked our travel out to Dallas 10/6 - 10/8. We are still crafting our itinerary (likely tons of neighborhood driving during Sat 10/7 & a dinner with family that night). That said, we would LOVE to connect with folks for coffee/ breakfast/ lunch on Sat 10/7 and/or Sun 10/8. We hope to hear from you! I'll keep my eye out for meetups that weekend as well :)

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 745 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jennifer Tsui:

    Thank you so much @Bart H. and @Nick Hughes ! My husband @Kevin Tsui and I actually booked our travel out to Dallas 10/6 - 10/8. We are still crafting our itinerary (likely tons of neighborhood driving during Sat 10/7 & a dinner with family that night). That said, we would LOVE to connect with folks for coffee/ breakfast/ lunch on Sat 10/7 and/or Sun 10/8. We hope to hear from you! I'll keep my eye out for meetups that weekend as well :)

     Sounds good, send a post or a note to me when you all are getting closer to the time you are in town.  MY wife and I live near SMU/downtown Dallas so its really easy for us to meet you all out.  

    We have been on a major hunt for properties and have bid on a fair number of houses over the last few months.  Just a warning its really competitive. We have put in a half dozen or so all cash offers over asking, most within the first day of the house being listed, and we haven't come close to getting a house.  Not even a second bid.  Another house we were going to bid on had 35 other offers.  Another we offered above asking and were at least 20K short of the 'winning' offer.

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Bart H. Oh my goodness I had no idea... you described just what it's like out here in Silicon Valley! What neighborhoods are you bidding in? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, given that the booming market is what is steering us all the way out to TX from CA... 

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 745 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jennifer Tsui:

    @Bart H. Oh my goodness I had no idea... you described just what it's like out here in Silicon Valley! What neighborhoods are you bidding in? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, given that the booming market is what is steering us all the way out to TX from CA... 

    Oak Cliff, near the Trinity, Arlington, Near Love Field, Garland, Mesquite, Rowlett, and some of the other north or east suburbs.

      We haven't been looking there but I hear there are some opportunities in FW and to the west.  We might look their in the future, but basically have avoided it because of how far it is to get over there from where we live.

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, TX · Member since 2016 · 706 posts · 611 votes
    9y
    Can I be added to the distribution list as well? [email protected] I'll try to be there this Thursday.
  • Investor · Rowlett, TX · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hello, I would like to be added as well. My email address is [email protected]

  • Developer · Hideaway, TX · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Hello Nick, Please add my email/contact information to your list. [email protected] Not trying to hit you up for a Sale but noticed you were in the market for a Multi-Family. I have a personal Tri-Plex I will be going to market with soon located in Terrell, Texas. 100% renewed leases and newly updated. Reach out anytime, look forward to chatting when you have a moment. Best, Chad Hudson
  • Developer · Hideaway, TX · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Hey Nick, Also saw that you were an Aggie. Former Student as well (Class of 2000). Tried PM'ing you but your info is set to private. Cheers!
  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    Got everyone added to the distribution that requested to be.

    @Jennifer Tsui - I sent you a PM, would definitely love to chat! 

    @Chad Hudson - Strange, never had issues with other people PM'ing me. I'll shoot you a PM. 

  • Rental Property Investor · DFW · Member since 2015 · 89 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    Add me to the list [email protected]

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 55 votes
    9y

    please add me to the Dallas meet up list

  • New to Real Estate · Denton, TX · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 16 votes
    9y

    Please add me to your list. [email protected]

  • Realtor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi Nick! This is my email for the list you're putting together.

    Thank you!

  • Irving, TX · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    @Nick Hughes can you please add me to your distribution list? I'll be there tonight. 

    Thanks! 

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Nick Hughes would love to be added to this group and possibly join in tonights group if you'd allow [email protected] 

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    @Salvador Avila @Christopher Crump - Added you both. And it's open invitation, so yes please do come if you can make it! 

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    Thanks to everyone for making it out last night! Had a nice turnout.

    I'll be creating a similar event today for the next meetup, which will be in about a month (going to try and stick with the first Thursday of every month moving forward). 

    It was great meeting everyone!

  • Investor · Henderson, NV · Member since 2016 · 227 posts · 86 votes
    9y

    @Nick Hughes Feel free to add me to your list. I plan on making a trip out to TX sometime, and would like to go to the meetup if I am in town on that day.

    @Bart H. I see you post a lot, and I am investing in some of those areas that you mentioned as well. I will send you a request, and hopefully we can talk more and meet up when I make a trip out to Texas before the end of the year.

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    @Daniel Y. - Sure thing, what email address is good for you? 

  • Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    @Nick Hughes Hi Nick - I would love to be added to this group. I can't make this Thursday unfortunately but will push for future ones. [email protected].  Thank you!!

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    @Nick 

    @Nick Hughes, please add me to your list as well. [email protected]. Thanks!

  • Richardson, TX · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi @Nick Hughes.  Can you add my husband and me to the distribution list?  That would be awesome!  Thank you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.