Phoenix Syndication Workshop 2019

Phoenix Syndication Workshop 2019

When:

Where:340 N 3rd St Phoenix, Arizona 85004

Cost:$1495

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2017 · 583 posts · 919 votes

Two day live event with Sam Grooms and @Ben Leybovich.

January 26th and 27th, 2019, in Phoenix, AZ.

If you want to learn how to sponsor or invest in multifamily syndications, this is the event for you. 

The first day will be dedicated to underwriting multifamily properties. The second day will include hearing from various professionals in commercial real estate, as well as a bus tour to a recently syndicated property. 

Please visit https://justaskbenwhy.com/phoenix for more information and to register.

0Reply
54 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2009 · 4 posts · 12 votes
7y

I just got back from Phoenix after attending the Phoenix Syndication Workshop where I learned a great deal. This was one of the most effective uses of my time, ever. @Ben Leybovich and @Sam Grooms provided us with a great deal of useful information on how they go through the actual underwriting process to determine the value of a potential deal using an actual deal that they closed not some hypothetical deal with made up numbers. As Ben mentioned, there was no fluff, no rah rah hype, no upsell into other courses, there was just good quality information that can be used to make real money in real estate syndications. The event also raised over $11,000 for A Hero's Home charity which as an Air Force veteran I really appreciated and was glad that I could be a part of something that gave back to those who have sacrificed for our country.

In addition to the content, I was able to network with many like-minded individuals who also attended the course and got to spend a lot of quality time with both Ben and Sam which I think was just as valuable, if not more, as the content. Between the information I learned and the connections I made I feel extremely well prepared to take my real estate investments to the next level. 

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brian BurkePro Member
    Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y

    Really cool that you guys are doing this, @Sam Grooms.  There are a lot of people seeking lessons on how to underwrite multifamily Real Estate and how to sponsor a private offering.  Their chances of success are greatly magnified if they just had some instruction. 

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2017 · 583 posts · 919 votes
    8y

    Thanks, @Brian Burke. That's exactly why we want to do this event. When I decided I wanted to sponsor a private offering, it took almost a year to become knowledgeable enough to feel comfortable and have the confidence to execute. @Ben Leybovich's journey was even longer. With Ben's passion for teaching, we think we can help people significantly cut down on that learning curve.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    https://justaskbenwhy.com/phoenix

    @Brian Burke - I totally agree. There is so much misconception around syndication out there. I've been vocal over the years expressing gratitude to you for pointing me in the right direction. It's taken me 5 years to synthesize all of the buts and pieces together. We can help a lot of folks shorten their learning curve. 

    And, by the way, this workshop is not only for those who want to be sponsors. If your purpose is to become a wiser investor, this event will help tremendously. We will teach you to break down the OM, to know which questions to ask the sponsor, and to evaluate the answers!

    OK. Brian - one of the more gratifying pieces for me is the fact that Sam and I made the decision to donate 20% of the gross proceeds to a non-profit, and this year it's A Heros Home. Having spoken with you about the project, as well as @Jay Hinrichs , Sam and I both made personal contributions.

    Guys - we have room for 150 people at the workshop. If we hit capacity, we'll be able to write a check to A Heros Home for $30,000+.

    Come on out, guys. It's a bit pricey, at $1,500 per ticket. But, there will be no upsell of anything. There is no club, membership, mentorship, or subscription - no upsell zone. You get the information, all of it, up front. And we are talking about information here that makes millions.

    Join us. You will learn a ton, and you will help a very worthy serviceman or woman with a free and clear home.

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    Looks fun

  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Ben Leybovich Thank You so much for presenting at our last meetup in September.  I learned a ton about the approach to valuing multi-family properties. I encourage anyone who wants to learn how to value and purchase multi-family to attend Ben and Sam’s event.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Shiloh Lundahl:

    @Ben Leybovich Thank You so much for presenting at our last meetup in September.  I learned a ton about the approach to valuing multi-family properties. I encourage anyone who wants to learn how to value and purchase multi-family to attend Ben and Sam’s event.

     Thanks for hosting us, Shiloh! Sam and I had a good time :) 

  • USA · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Ben Leybovich @Sam Grooms

    Gentlemen, I'm interested in signing up for this event.  

    Just for clarification, would you say that this event is primarily directed towards:

    - Aspiring syndicators?

    - Potential investors for your future syndications?

    - Understanding how to correctly underwrite a multifamily of around 100 units?

    Thank you!

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @John O.:

    @Ben Leybovich @Sam Grooms

    Gentlemen, I'm interested in signing up for this event.  

    Just for clarification, would you say that this event is primarily directed towards:

    - Aspiring syndicators?

    - Potential investors for your future syndications?

    - Understanding how to correctly underwrite a multifamily of around 100 units?

    Thank you!

    All of the above, really. The fact is that if you are going to put money into syndicated deals you must know how to reverse engineer the OM and ask the right questions challenging assumptions. We will teach you to do just that. Obviously, the content here is absolutely in-line for someone who wants to sponsor deals as well, John.

    And, like any event, there will obviously be networking, and it may result in future partnerships. The baseline knowledge, though, must be in-line and it's all the same for all 3 categories of audience.

    It's early and there are not many registrations thus far. Most of them are VIP (in fact only 2 VIP slots are left). At this point, most are folks interested in getting to the level of general partner / sponsor. 

    Very serious content. No fluff. But applicable to all 3 categories, John.

    @Sam Grooms - did I miss anything?

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    4 Days Left to get the PSW Underwriting Model!

    Offer Goes Away on the 15th!

    REGISTER HERE

  • USA · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Ben Leybovich  Thanks Ben!  Makes sense that it is all tied together.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Boom!! Super excited for this event!! My better half and I are ready to chase are goals and dreams of bigger multi family buildings to stop playing around with smaller residential multi. Ben is a great teacher also so I'm above and beyond pumped to soak it all in. Thanks for putting this on fellas.

  • Investor · Windham, ME · Member since 2016 · 180 posts · 37 votes
    7y

    @ Sam Grooms Will there be another Phoenix Syndication Workshop anytime Feb-May?

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2017 · 583 posts · 919 votes
    7y

    @Matthew Wright, we currently don't have plans for another one in 2019. If there's appetite for another one that soon, I'm certainly open to it, but I wouldn't expect it until the second half of the year, at the very least. 

    @Ben Leybovich, what say you? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Brandon Elliott:

    Boom!! Super excited for this event!! My better half and I are ready to chase are goals and dreams of bigger multi family buildings to stop playing around with smaller residential multi. Ben is a great teacher also so I'm above and beyond pumped to soak it all in. Thanks for putting this on fellas.

     Looking forward to seeing you in Phoenix, Brandon!

  • Investor · Windham, ME · Member since 2016 · 180 posts · 37 votes
    7y

    Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Matthew Wright:

    Thanks!

     We will have another event next year.

    Sam and I are using this event to fund our charitable giving for the year. We were donating 20% of gross revenue. I only need to do this once each year to feel good about my efforts. I am not looking to be a guru - once per year is enough. Sam and I closed a complex 4 months ago, and we are under contract on another one as we speak. That's the primary time commitment. 

    Speaking of charity, this year's is A Hero's Home. And, @Brian Burke - a few registrations came through in the last two days. We are pushing $12,000 donation now :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2009 · 4 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    I just got back from Phoenix after attending the Phoenix Syndication Workshop where I learned a great deal. This was one of the most effective uses of my time, ever. @Ben Leybovich and @Sam Grooms provided us with a great deal of useful information on how they go through the actual underwriting process to determine the value of a potential deal using an actual deal that they closed not some hypothetical deal with made up numbers. As Ben mentioned, there was no fluff, no rah rah hype, no upsell into other courses, there was just good quality information that can be used to make real money in real estate syndications. The event also raised over $11,000 for A Hero's Home charity which as an Air Force veteran I really appreciated and was glad that I could be a part of something that gave back to those who have sacrificed for our country.

    In addition to the content, I was able to network with many like-minded individuals who also attended the course and got to spend a lot of quality time with both Ben and Sam which I think was just as valuable, if not more, as the content. Between the information I learned and the connections I made I feel extremely well prepared to take my real estate investments to the next level. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.