Ground transportation from the airport to the hotel

Ground transportation from the airport to the hotel

Residential Real Estate Broker · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2008 · 885 posts · 316 votes

Maybe this has already been posted. If so, I apologize because I couldn't find it.

That being said, for the locals, what is the best form of getting from the airport to the hotel? I checked out the RTD website and had limited success of figuring out the times that the buses run, the routes, costs, etc. I then tried calling their main offices and ended up in a dead end of automated-hell.

Anyone got any advice?

0Reply
105 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Southlake, TX · Member since 2009 · 950 posts · 338 votes
14y

Ok then if you want, I'll arrange for the ride and see how many people we can squeeze in the car, just in case others want to join in as well.

See this reply in the discussion

77 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    When are you arriving? I'm hoping to split a cab/towncar or limo(whatever) from that airport to hotel. I don't mind waiting for someones flight to come in.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    14y

    There is a bus that runs between the airport and downtown:

    http://www3.rtd-denver.com//schedules/getSchedule.action?routeType=9&routeId=AF

    There are also shuttles. Sorry, I've never taken one.

    A taxi to downtown is about $55 or so, plus tip.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2008 · 885 posts · 316 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Nick J.:
    When are you arriving? I'm hoping to split a cab/towncar or limo(whatever) from that airport to hotel. I don't mind waiting for someones flight to come in.

    I'm flying out with member, Aaron Dionne. We arrive into Denver at 5:23 PM on Thursday. How about you?

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2008 · 885 posts · 316 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Jon Holdman:
    There is a bus that runs between the airport and downtown:

    http://www3.rtd-denver.com//schedules/getSchedule.action?routeType=9&routeId=AF

    There are also shuttles. Sorry, I've never taken one.

    A taxi to downtown is about $55 or so, plus tip.

    Thanks for that, Jon. Maybe it's just me, but I find their site terribly tough to navigate. I landed on that page once before and never was able to nail down a schedule due to the crazy method of having to click on the arrows. Very poor usability, IMO.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    I think I'm arriving on Thursday around lunch time, cant remember exactly(maybe 1030am)

    I'm sure you understand, I couldn't wait until that late :(

  • Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2009 · 153 posts · 44 votes
    14y

    The hotel recommended Super Shuttle. Booked it both ways today for 48 dollars total including 20% optional gratuity.

    PS. I thought Josh was picking us all up?

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2008 · 885 posts · 316 votes
    14y

    @realmgeorge, thanks for the info regarding Super Shuttle! Just booked a reservation with them. This will be perfect!

  • Investor · San Ramon, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 569 votes
    14y

    Note to self... book flight!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    If any of you want a car service, call Alpha Express at 720-404-8020 and talk to Kindu. Or go to their website: http://alphaexpressllc.com/

    Let him know that I put you in touch . . .

  • Investor · San Ramon, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 569 votes
    14y

    I'm coming in at 6:30 on Thursday... leaving 11am on Sunday.

  • Investor · Southlake, TX · Member since 2009 · 950 posts · 338 votes
    14y

    I'm arriving at 11:20am Thursday, so if anyone wants to share an Alpha Express, I will be glad to do so. Nick J. if you land close to lunch maybe we can rideshare. If there are more people looking to share around this time, it looks like Alpha can accomodate us.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Tod, I'm 99% sure without looking that I'll be arriving just before you. I'll plan on certainly splitting transportation with you to the hotel.

  • Investor · Southlake, TX · Member since 2009 · 950 posts · 338 votes
    14y

    Ok then if you want, I'll arrange for the ride and see how many people we can squeeze in the car, just in case others want to join in as well.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Tod Radford did Alpha Express say how many they could fit in each vehicle? their website pictured Suburbans, but didn't say what else they might have. We land at 12:45 on Thursday and may grab one. And may have room for more if it is a Suburban.

  • Investor · Southlake, TX · Member since 2009 · 950 posts · 338 votes
    14y

    I'll check in with them and report back. Jon Klaus, I thought you were getting in Wed?

  • Investor · Southlake, TX · Member since 2009 · 950 posts · 338 votes
    14y

    Kindu uses Suburbans that can fit 6-8 passengers. If you are planning on using Alpha, he asked for a list of passengers and pick up time. His pricing is about $15 for a full car. He would like notice at least 2-3 days ahead of time.

    I'll be glad to start a list for around noon pick up on Thursday.

  • Homeowner · Burleson, TX · Member since 2008 · 756 posts · 376 votes
    14y

    People that I know that are getting in from 10:00am to 12:30 pm Thursday:

    McKellar Newsom
    Andrew Jones
    Andy Bankston
    Nick Johnson
    Tod Radford
    Jeff Sielicky
    Mark Wallis
    Jon Klaus
    Bruce Marx

    Looks like a full load to me.

  • Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2009 · 153 posts · 44 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Mark Yuschak:
    @realmgeorge, thanks for the info regarding Super Shuttle! Just booked a reservation with them. This will be perfect!

    Anytime my friend!

    My flight leaves at 8am Sunday, shuttle gets there at 5 am. Oh what an early morning Sunday will be! Safe travels everyone!

  • Real Estate Investor, CA · Member since 2012 · 93 posts · 20 votes
    14y

    Actually Greg I had to change my flight, I don't get in until after midnight now on Thursday night/Friday morning....I won't be getting much sleep the night before. Should be fun trying to get to the hotel from the airport at that time of night too.

  • Investor · Kennesaw, GA · Member since 2010 · 158 posts · 61 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Tod Radford:
    Kindu uses Suburbans that can fit 6-8 passengers. If you are planning on using Alpha, he asked for a list of passengers and pick up time. His pricing is about $15 for a full car. He would like notice at least 2-3 days ahead of time.

    I'll be glad to start a list for around noon pick up on Thursday.

    I arrive at 11:30 Thurs and would love to share a ride! I'll check back for updates.

    edited to correct quote

  • Real Estate Professional · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2010 · 608 posts · 163 votes
    14y

    I arrive at 12:30 PM Thursday and depart 12:10 PM Sunday if anyone needs someone to fill space. Otherwise it is Super Shuttle.

  • Real Estate Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2009 · 191 posts · 47 votes
    14y

    I arrive Thursday at 11:30 am. I'd love to share a ride. Thanks. mck

  • Real Estate Investor · Fort Lee, NJ · Member since 2011 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    14y

    Hey all. I'm arriving @ 10:20AM on 3/22. Would be happy to share a ride and don't mind waiting a bit to group up.

    -Joe Ciano

  • Rehabber · Fillmore, CA · Member since 2011 · 116 posts · 11 votes
    14y

    Hi, husband & I are coming in Thursday from Burbank, CA around 4 PM, flying on SouthWest. Anyone wants to share Alpha Express?
    Thanks,
    Toni DeSalvo

  • Investor · Kennesaw, GA · Member since 2010 · 158 posts · 61 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by McKellar Newsom:
    I arrive Thursday at 11:30 am. I'd love to share a ride. Thanks. mck

    Are you flying out of ATL? If so, We are probably on the same flight!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.