Looking for an Airbnb to do rental arbitrage

Looking for an Airbnb to do rental arbitrage

Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Does anybody know or have any recommendations for apartments to do rental arbitrage in Kissimmee or Orlando? I’m having a hard time finding a neighborhood that allows it. Or a website that I can find an apartment to do it with 

0Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles CA + Lake Tahoe, NV and CA · Member since 2021 · 180 posts · 158 votes
4y

I did arbitrage when I first started. 

Get your story together. Be a solution to a problem they may have or they will not rent to you. Don't lie to them you need to have the lease straight.

1st have an LLC and put the lease in your company name

2nd write an addendum in your lease that you do corporate housing and temporary stays and and will be their sole contact and master tenant of the lease

These changes to the lease are justified by the fact that you are offering a higher rate guaranteed than they would get on the market.
It can work well if there is a building with a bunch of vacancies and you come in and offer to take them all. Something that will entice them into signing a non-traditional lease. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    4y

    You'll find it's not looked upon fondly here.....

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Bruce Woodruff is there anyplace you recommend?

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    4y

    I do not know Florida at all.....but I wish you luck in your RE journey.....

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles CA + Lake Tahoe, NV and CA · Member since 2021 · 180 posts · 158 votes
    4y

    I did arbitrage when I first started. 

    Get your story together. Be a solution to a problem they may have or they will not rent to you. Don't lie to them you need to have the lease straight.

    1st have an LLC and put the lease in your company name

    2nd write an addendum in your lease that you do corporate housing and temporary stays and and will be their sole contact and master tenant of the lease

    These changes to the lease are justified by the fact that you are offering a higher rate guaranteed than they would get on the market.
    It can work well if there is a building with a bunch of vacancies and you come in and offer to take them all. Something that will entice them into signing a non-traditional lease. 

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    4y

    Good advice there ^^^

  • Jay BreitlowPro Member
    Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 137 posts · 85 votes
    4y

    Think of the disney area.  I am aware that it can happen down there.  

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Jay Breitlow is there a neighborhood you can recommend 

  • Jay BreitlowPro Member
    Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 137 posts · 85 votes
    4y

    Well that is a longer conversation @Natalie Johnson. The rental area in Orlando is huge. Would need way more information. I agree, find homeowners who have "problems" and get yourself an LLC to protect and start conversation on how you can help. Where do you live? Bc you would want to be close I would think assuming you are new to the industry.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.