Best website(s) for finding vacation properties to buy

Best website(s) for finding vacation properties to buy

Rental Property Investor · Morton IL 61550, US · Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 0 votes

I'm looking for a vacation rental property and I'm wondering what the best website or websites are to look for them? I've spent a decent amount of time on Realtor.com. Thanks for any advice and help.

0Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ and Rehoboth Beach DE · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y

If you narrow it down to one area, and have a good real estate agent you’re going to use, have them send you listings through their portal. There are quite a few listings that show up there as “coming soon”, so you’ll have time to evaluate them before they go on the market and show up on the other public real estate sites. As far as the other sites go, I like Redfin. They’re quick with new listings when you sign up for emails, and they show flood zone info, which I appreciate when looking for a beach property. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    I use realtor.com

    I know that sounds like I’m being a smart aleck but I’m not lol. 

    i also use the enemy method 

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    4y

    Realtor, zillow, FB marketplace, Craigslist. Look everywhere you can as this can be very competitive to buy in this market.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ and Rehoboth Beach DE · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    If you narrow it down to one area, and have a good real estate agent you’re going to use, have them send you listings through their portal. There are quite a few listings that show up there as “coming soon”, so you’ll have time to evaluate them before they go on the market and show up on the other public real estate sites. As far as the other sites go, I like Redfin. They’re quick with new listings when you sign up for emails, and they show flood zone info, which I appreciate when looking for a beach property. 

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    4y

    I prefer Zillow. I don't even know why, it just works for me. Use them all when starting, including FB and CL as @John Underwood said.....

  • Justin BeasleyPro Member
    Pigeon Forge, TN · Member since 2020 · 102 posts · 69 votes
    4y

    Feel like I need to give Homesnap.com some love. I seem to spend more time on it than the other major platforms. 

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Justin Beasley:

    Feel like I need to give Homesnap.com some love. I seem to spend more time on it than the other major platforms. 

     Thanks, I'll try it!

  • Collin HaysBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Gatlinburg, TN · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    A good way to buy a home is, find the area that you are interested in.  Spend $1000 and do a postcard campaign to that zip code.  It's easy and you'll get results.  Good luck.

  • Rental Property Investor · Morton IL 61550, US · Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Luke Carl what is "the enemy method"?

  • Rental Property Investor · Morton IL 61550, US · Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Looks like there's not necessarily a one-size-fits-all for finding vacation properties and you kind of find what you like and roll with it. I did see a few that look interesting to check out more that I haven't used before though like Redfin and Homesnap and even the postcard campaign.

  • Agent · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2017 · 97 posts · 48 votes
    4y

    A lot of time it just comes down to what your preference is. They all feed off of local MLS's. There can be a lag time however. You can always have a local agent put you into an MLS portal that is directly tied in.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.