• Rental Property Investor
  • Denver
Votes |
2 Twins or another King? STR

Julia Tabscott
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver
Posted Aug 3 2022, 07:10

STR Hosts in Metro ATL: is it better to have 2 king beds or 1 king in the master and 2 twins in the guest bedroom? Thank you!!

Atlanta, Georgia

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 3 2022, 07:18

not an owner, but is it in an area that is family oriented? If my wife and i going to some place with our 2 kids and looking at 2 similar properties, i would choose the one with 2 twins. if it is say city center and likely not family oriented, maybe 2 couples, then it wouldnt matter to me. so i guess my comment is, target your typical renters.

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor
  • Arizona
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Arizona
Replied Aug 3 2022, 07:20

Look up your competitors on VRBO and see what they have.....

User Stats

Votes
Michael Baum#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Votes |
Michael Baum#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Replied Aug 3 2022, 10:29

Hey @Julia Tabscott. What @Trent Reeve and @Bruce Woodruff said is spot on. If you are going for family use then you would want the twins. Frankly, if you could, I would put 2 bunk beds in the guest room for families. If they would fit, you could use 2 double/twin bunks in that room.

We are a family home and we have a kids bunkroom with 2 twin bunks in there. Adults often use it with zero issues. Make sure whatever bunkbed you find holds adults as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Dan Maciejewski
  • Realtor
  • PInellas County Largo, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • PInellas County Largo, FL
Replied Aug 3 2022, 11:15

You can always go the cruise ship/hotel route and use a system that allow you to convert two twins into a king.  Best of both worlds.  

You don't want to alienate two couples that will need kings, but you also don't want to lose families like @Michael Baum

Adult bunk beds are becoming a thing, also.  Even in the luxury world. . . 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 4 2022, 07:03

@Julia Tabscott

We have a twin daybed with a trundle that pops up to create a king. WE have slept on it and lime it for ourselves.