Short term rental/Mid term rental market oppurtunity

Short term rental/Mid term rental market oppurtunity

New to Real Estate · CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes

Hey BP! 

I recently purchased an SFR that I'm house hacking in the Clovis/North Fresno area and I am looking to get into more cash flow-heavy business models. Does anyone have any experience in STR/MTRs in this area? More interested in arbitraging and building a business around providing housing to travel nurses, business professionals, and insurance companies and filling any gaps with AirBNB or VRBO (especially in peak travel season months)

I'd love to connect and learn more where I can! 

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

John UnderwoodPro Member
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
4y

Why would you be more interested in Arbitrage? That is a job, owning properties builds wealth. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    4y

    Why would you be more interested in Arbitrage? That is a job, owning properties builds wealth. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 292 votes
    4y

    @Gursimran Singh I'd love to be a resource and connect. I work with both STR's and MTR's and think both are really great strategies!

  • Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    FYI Furnished Finder is a great app for mid term rentals. It's geared directly towards travel nurses. 

  • New to Real Estate · CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Lukas Ku:

    FYI Furnished Finder is a great app for mid term rentals. It's geared directly towards travel nurses. 

    Thanks for the rec Lukas. Was going to use this as a marketing platform for sure!
  • New to Real Estate · CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Quote from @John Underwood:

    Why would you be more interested in Arbitrage? That is a job, owning properties builds wealth. 

    Thanks for the insight John. I wouldn’t disagree. I would say though that I like the idea of owning a business and building systems to efficiently move towards a goal. I like the benefits of owning a business and running a team! Right now I work a W2 and I want to make more cash flow which I can then turn into long term investments by owning property. 
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Gursimran Singh:
    Quote from @John Underwood:

    Why would you be more interested in Arbitrage? That is a job, owning properties builds wealth. 

    Thanks for the insight John. I wouldn’t disagree. I would say though that I like the idea of owning a business and building systems to efficiently move towards a goal. I like the benefits of owning a business and running a team! Right now I work a W2 and I want to make more cash flow which I can then turn into long term investments by owning property. 

     Nothing wrong with working for a living.

    I am at the point were my money works for me, I don't work for it. This took time to achieve.

  • Travis BeckBusiness Member
    Fresno, CA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    @Gursimran Singh congrats on your first house hack! Your right on track looking into the STR market and using arbitrage to build a business and cash flow. My wife and I are investors and Realtors in Clovis and Fresno as well. Would love to connect and see if we can work together on something soon.

    You mentioned house hacking so you must be looking for the next property soon? Lets touch base, we have some off market opportunities come across our desk as well sometimes!

  • Realtor · Fresno, CA · Member since 2020 · 87 posts · 41 votes
    4y

    Congrats on the househacking purchase! My two cents on MTRs - it's VERY location dependent. If you're close to major hospitals such as St. Agnes, Kaiser (which I'm not sure if they have travel nurses...), Valley Children's, you're set, otherwise you might have better luck with STR.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.