Just launched STR in Lake Arrowhead! Support & feedback.

Just launched STR in Lake Arrowhead! Support & feedback.

Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 43 votes

Hi! Finally just launched our luxury STR today in Lake Arrowhead, CA. It's a highly competitive market so I'd be so appreciative as my BP family if you wouldn't mind going onto Airbnb and favorite it. We decided to stand out with our purchase - we went full luxury instead of cabin vibe because there are hundreds of them here. Little to none in the luxury department. Could be a huge miss but we took the risk b/c we love it for ourselves if it doesn't work out. Booked our first guests earlier in the week from word of mouth before the launch - a high profile celebrity photoshoot! . Open to any feedback or suggestions if you have anything or see something noteworthy! Thank you!

3Reply
86 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Clinton, NJ · Member since 2012 · 118 posts · 70 votes
3y

Wow Tiffany, congrats!

Great house, and fantastic photographs! I would put them in order rather than switching between interior and exterior.

What is photo 80 of? A charging station?

The hiking/snow photos are not the same size as the others…

Photo file names have SEO attributes. So does the alt text.

I would change info @ to Tiffany @ on the contact page for better branding.

Any reason for having Hammerspatrol email on the contact page? Maybe save that for the welcome pack???

You might want to also check out this lady (non affiliated) for copy http://katharinehansenphd.com/WritingPortfolio/ListingMakeoverSamples.html

All in all I love your website! Who built it, and how is the calendar /booking working out? Do you use Pricelabs Dynamic Pricing? Is it linked to AirBNB or VRBO?

You have a GEM!

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 17 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tiffany Cohen:

    Hi! Finally just launched our luxury STR today in Lake Arrowhead, CA. It's a highly competitive market so I'd be so appreciative as my BP family if you wouldn't mind going onto Airbnb and favorite it. We decided to stand out with our purchase - we went full luxury instead of cabin vibe because there are hundreds of them here. Little to none in the luxury department. Could be a huge miss but we took the risk b/c we love it for ourselves if it doesn't work out. Booked our first guests earlier in the week from word of mouth before the launch - a high profile celebrity photoshoot! . Open to any feedback or suggestions if you have anything or see something noteworthy! Thank you!


     Do you have the direct book and Airbnb link? 

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Link would be good. :)

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    3y

    What do you provide that puts you in the luxury category?

  • Investor · CA: Lake Tahoe Berkeley, San Diego; Boise ID; Las Vegas NV · Member since 2019 · 88 posts · 74 votes
    3y

    Congrats on the launch! As others have said, please do provide the link so we can favorite, and provide feedback if you are open to it. I'm in the Lake Tahoe market and I'm open to sharing what I know and always up for hearing about similar vacation markets. 

    When I first launched one thing that really helped me was to have several friends stay. I gave a steep discount and they helped seed my reviews, but more importantly, they provided feedback about how to make things perfect. Especially since you are going for luxury, it is important to make sure there are several days (and maybe several different opinions) worth of living in it and nit-picking at the details. You don't want to fall into the trap of offering a solid product that is 'just good', when you set people up to expect '5 star hotel' excellent.

  • Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 43 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Yash Bhatt:
    Quote from @Tiffany Cohen:

    Hi! Finally just launched our luxury STR today in Lake Arrowhead, CA. It's a highly competitive market so I'd be so appreciative as my BP family if you wouldn't mind going onto Airbnb and favorite it. We decided to stand out with our purchase - we went full luxury instead of cabin vibe because there are hundreds of them here. Little to none in the luxury department. Could be a huge miss but we took the risk b/c we love it for ourselves if it doesn't work out. Booked our first guests earlier in the week from word of mouth before the launch - a high profile celebrity photoshoot! . Open to any feedback or suggestions if you have anything or see something noteworthy! Thank you!


     Do you have the direct book and Airbnb link? 


     HTTPS://lakearrowheadmanor.com

  • Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 43 votes
    3y

    Sorry I posted before but they didn’t show up. Sent my direct book website and here is Airbnb.https://abnb.me/w0ZahGgL2ub

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y

    Really nice....great job!!!

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Looks really good. One thing I would do is put captions for all the photos. They are just numbered so a nice description for each photo would be really good.

  • Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 43 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    Looks really good. One thing I would do is put captions for all the photos. They are just numbered so a nice description for each photo would be really good.

    I did on all the Airbnb ones but am in the process tonight of putting them into the website. The pms software’s website I didn’t love so I built this one myself. Have to finalize those captions thank you! 
  • Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 43 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

    Really nice....great job!!!

    Thank you!
  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Cool. If it is possible @Tiffany Cohen, on the direct booking site, a better breakdown of expenses before you get to the booking stage would be nice. 

  • Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 43 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    Cool. If it is possible @Tiffany Cohen, on the direct booking site, a better breakdown of expenses before you get to the booking stage would be nice. 

    Yes that is the one thing it’s not as obvious which is annoying. It’s direct from the pms software so I can’t change it. However there is a little button toward the end that gives a more detailed breakdown but you have to search for it. It’s small and it says View Details. I didn’t like it either.
  • Member since 2022 · 272 posts · 253 votes
    3y

    Looks great!


    87 photos?

  • Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 43 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Brian Barch:

    Looks great!


    87 photos?

    Ya I guess I can cut back on the scenic photos!
  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Nah! Scenic pics are great! You have all the house photos first, then the extra surrounding area pics. Works well that way. More pics isn't really a bad thing. Really helps sell the area and let's guests know exactly what they are getting.

    I would also add some snowy pics when it hits up there. Really adds to the overall feel of the place. 

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 17 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    Nah! Scenic pics are great! You have all the house photos first, then the extra surrounding area pics. Works well that way. More pics isn't really a bad thing. Really helps sell the area and let's guests know exactly what they are getting.

    I would also add some snowy pics when it hits up there. Really adds to the overall feel of the place. 

    I'd say I agree if the extras are at the end. But I would make sure all the featured ones are first. I think I saw a hot tub photo buried deep in the photo set. I would move that earlier.

    just like a house listing, most people aren't going to scroll through that many photos initially as they decide to book your place. Just make sure any photos that are deeper in the photo set shouldn't be more of a feature photo earlier. 
  • Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 43 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Yash Bhatt:
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    Nah! Scenic pics are great! You have all the house photos first, then the extra surrounding area pics. Works well that way. More pics isn't really a bad thing. Really helps sell the area and let's guests know exactly what they are getting.

    I would also add some snowy pics when it hits up there. Really adds to the overall feel of the place. 

    I'd say I agree if the extras are at the end. But I would make sure all the featured ones are first. I think I saw a hot tub photo buried deep in the photo set. I would move that earlier.

    just like a house listing, most people aren't going to scroll through that many photos initially as they decide to book your place. Just make sure any photos that are deeper in the photo set shouldn't be more of a feature photo earlier. 
    Yes agree I should move some photos up. What would you suggest being my top 5 hero photos? Upper deck, living room, hot tub and…
  • Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 43 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    Nah! Scenic pics are great! You have all the house photos first, then the extra surrounding area pics. Works well that way. More pics isn't really a bad thing. Really helps sell the area and let's guests know exactly what they are getting.

    I would also add some snowy pics when it hits up there. Really adds to the overall feel of the place. 

    Yes already set up a photographer for when we get snow that will stick to get some first shots in. Super sad we don’t have them right now!
  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Cool @Tiffany Cohen, it looks like a really nice place. Please keep us posted on how it does over the next few months. I have always been pretty skeptical of CA STRs and have avoided them, but this is a lot like our lake house (not waterfront like ours and ours is much more pedestrian vs luxury) but the area reminds me of our area.

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 17 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tiffany Cohen:
    Quote from @Yash Bhatt:
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    Nah! Scenic pics are great! You have all the house photos first, then the extra surrounding area pics. Works well that way. More pics isn't really a bad thing. Really helps sell the area and let's guests know exactly what they are getting.

    I would also add some snowy pics when it hits up there. Really adds to the overall feel of the place. 

    I'd say I agree if the extras are at the end. But I would make sure all the featured ones are first. I think I saw a hot tub photo buried deep in the photo set. I would move that earlier.

    just like a house listing, most people aren't going to scroll through that many photos initially as they decide to book your place. Just make sure any photos that are deeper in the photo set shouldn't be more of a feature photo earlier. 
    Yes agree I should move some photos up. What would you suggest being my top 5 hero photos? Upper deck, living room, hot tub and…

     I like photos 1, 4, 11, 13, 53

    I would say when selecting them, look at your competition. See what properties in your areas are booked a lot and what amenities they offer and make sure your photos offer the same or more. If you have something that stands out I would definitely showcase that. I also like photos that show big open spaces and photos with views. Someone had mentioned in a video once that they like picking photos that have some sort of feature in it that requires the person to click on your property to see more. 

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 17 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Yash Bhatt:
    Quote from @Tiffany Cohen:
    Quote from @Yash Bhatt:
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    Nah! Scenic pics are great! You have all the house photos first, then the extra surrounding area pics. Works well that way. More pics isn't really a bad thing. Really helps sell the area and let's guests know exactly what they are getting.

    I would also add some snowy pics when it hits up there. Really adds to the overall feel of the place. 

    I'd say I agree if the extras are at the end. But I would make sure all the featured ones are first. I think I saw a hot tub photo buried deep in the photo set. I would move that earlier.

    just like a house listing, most people aren't going to scroll through that many photos initially as they decide to book your place. Just make sure any photos that are deeper in the photo set shouldn't be more of a feature photo earlier. 
    Yes agree I should move some photos up. What would you suggest being my top 5 hero photos? Upper deck, living room, hot tub and…

     I like photos 1, 4, 11, 13, 53

    I would say when selecting them, look at your competition. See what properties in your areas are booked a lot and what amenities they offer and make sure your photos offer the same or more. If you have something that stands out I would definitely showcase that. I also like photos that show big open spaces and photos with views. Someone had mentioned in a video once that they like picking photos that have some sort of feature in it that requires the person to click on your property to see more. 


     Also you can try an ad campaign on Instagram with the top 10 photos as individual posts and see which ones generate the most clicks. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2020 · 60 posts · 23 votes
    3y

    You did a great job with the place and I don't think the move toward luxury will come back to bite you. That's what people in LA and OC are looking for when they go somewhere like Arrowhead - Rustic surroundings, but luxurious living accommodations at the same time. Best of luck!

  • Member since 2022 · 57 posts · 43 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kenneth Burdick:

    You did a great job with the place and I don't think the move toward luxury will come back to bite you. That's what people in LA and OC are looking for when they go somewhere like Arrowhead - Rustic surroundings, but luxurious living accommodations at the same time. Best of luck!

    That’s the thought process in renovating modern farmhouse. Ok thank you for the support and hopefully well be successful. 
  • Investor · Clinton, NJ · Member since 2012 · 118 posts · 70 votes
    3y

    Wow Tiffany, congrats!

    Great house, and fantastic photographs! I would put them in order rather than switching between interior and exterior.

    What is photo 80 of? A charging station?

    The hiking/snow photos are not the same size as the others…

    Photo file names have SEO attributes. So does the alt text.

    I would change info @ to Tiffany @ on the contact page for better branding.

    Any reason for having Hammerspatrol email on the contact page? Maybe save that for the welcome pack???

    You might want to also check out this lady (non affiliated) for copy http://katharinehansenphd.com/WritingPortfolio/ListingMakeoverSamples.html

    All in all I love your website! Who built it, and how is the calendar /booking working out? Do you use Pricelabs Dynamic Pricing? Is it linked to AirBNB or VRBO?

    You have a GEM!

  • Joshua MessingerBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Poconos, PA · Member since 2020 · 443 posts · 264 votes
    3y

    Congratulations on your guy's launch @Tiffany Cohen! I look forward to hearing about all of the success you guys have! 

    If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to reach out! 

    -

    Josh

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.