• Bryan, TX
Votes |
Occupancy Rates in BCS Area

Brayden Libby
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Bryan, TX
Posted Jan 10 2023, 07:59

Hello everyone!

I've been shopping around for a potential AirBnB deal, and doing my due diligence. However, what I have had trouble estimating is the occupancy rate in the BCS area. Would anyone be willing to suggest what their average monthly occupancy rate is?

Given the current lending situation and economy, I would like to be more precise with my occupancy estimate. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Baum
Pro Member
#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Olympia, WA
Replied Jan 10 2023, 13:53

Hey @Brayden Libby, have you researched AirBNB and VRBO to see what the calendars are like? What is your budget? How big a place?

Need a lot more info.

A quick bit of research shows about a 60% occupancy rate for the combined number in the area. That includes some 2/2's that are 91% occupied up to a 10/8 that is 10% occupied. Average nightly rate is $137

User Stats

Votes
Brayden Libby
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Bryan, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Bryan, TX
Replied Jan 10 2023, 20:26
Hey @ Michael Baum! Thank you for the reply. Looking at either a 2b2b or 3b2b right now. I took a look at the calendars, but occupancy is hard to determine from the calendars. Maybe most occupancy is last minute reservations?

Budget is around 10-15k for a 3b2b.

Found a site called rabbu.com to help with estimating occupancy.
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Baum
Pro Member
  • Olympia, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Olympia, WA
Replied Jan 10 2023, 22:22

Hey @Brayden Libby, so you are thinking that you can get your 3/2 for 15k? Looks more like 250k.

User Stats

Votes
Tatum Littleton
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 27 2023, 07:25
Quote from @Brayden Libby:
Hey @ Michael Baum! Thank you for the reply. Looking at either a 2b2b or 3b2b right now. I took a look at the calendars, but occupancy is hard to determine from the calendars. Maybe most occupancy is last minute reservations?

Budget is around 10-15k for a 3b2b.

Found a site called rabbu.com to help with estimating occupancy.

Hey Brayden, I came across your post and was curious about any updates you have made to your search. I am a real estate agent in the BCS area and my wife and I invest there and are looking for future investments all the time! I would love to connect and discuss your goals and thoughts. 

eXp Realty-Tatum Littleton Logo