Why isn't my Airbnb listing getting views

Why isn't my Airbnb listing getting views

Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 3 votes

Hello all,

I need some guidance on my listing I have had for 4 years now.  

Over the past few months it's really not getting many views?

I have adjusted the price daily, changed the main page pic and tried making listing adjustments. I'm still not getting many views.

i have a property in Tempe, AZ and I have had zero luck getting booked for Superbowl.

i have hosted for 4 years and have never had this problem until a couple months ago

1Reply
145 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ and Rehoboth Beach DE · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

I looked at your listing. I was able to see it on the map, but only when I zoomed in to only 9 properties on the map. When I searched with no dates or number of guests, your house is showing a price of $399 on the map, which is higher than most surrounding ones. Searching for this weekend, it's that same price, $399 a night which is good for that area for SuperBowl weekend.  But I wondered why both would be $399, and then I looked at your calendar - you only have the next 3 months of your calendar open!  Airbnb gives preference to listings that have their calendars open the longest, like a year or more.  Did you intend to only have it open 3 months?  Changing that should help you get more bookings.  Not to mention a lot of visitors to the Valley want to plan way in advance, and need to book farther out than that.

I few things that could be improved to make it more attractive: While the house is clean and tidy, it looks very sparse.  Each bed that sleeps 2 people should have a nightstand and lamp on both sides.  The desk needs a lamp.  All of the photos of the front of the house at night are crooked.  Too many photos (59) for the average person to want to click through on a house this size, the ones just of your artwork are unnecessary, and there are duplicates of other areas that don't add anything new. Your artwork in many rooms is up too high on the wall, which doesn't look right. In 2 of the bedrooms, we can't see if there are dressers or closets or anywhere to put clothes. The rectangle of concrete blocks in the back yard should be removed if there's no reason for them, they're a tripping hazard too. 

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Homeowner · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    The reason Sean's videos cannot address this and people are having trouble understanding how to game the system it's because Airbnb's algorithm is built using a combination of open-source technologies--all that matters is: Python and TensorFlow, as well as proprietary integrations developed in-house of course. The combination of these technologies allows the Airbnb dev team to develop and deploy complex algorithms quickly and efficiently, while still maintaining the level of accuracy and performance required to deliver a so-called "high-quality user experience". Elite developers are the best STR managers now...they're gaming the system. Soda Stays and Evolve (certain hosts) are injecting code and certain things that will keep them at the top of the serps.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.