Is Air Bnb still good?

Is Air Bnb still good?

Flipper/Rehabber · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2022 · 72 posts · 28 votes

Hello. I just bought a house in Cincinnati Ohio 2 bed 1 bath as a primary. It sounds some work and I got a good deal so I may do a cash out re-finance after the updates or HELOC. Not sure yet.
I work full time as a Realtor and I have about 55k in liquid funds after buying this primary. I wanted to also buy an air bnb.. Are the returns still as good as they were? Or should I just do another flip or something..
(I have done one successful flip so I would not be new to that).

What would you do in my situation? 

Thanks!

1Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Bruce WoodruffPro Member
Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
3y

The right Short Term Rental (STR) will always outperform a normal rental. AirBnB is just one of many platforms...and probably the worst....

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2022 · 72 posts · 28 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Pradeep Shrestha:

    I met a member of our REIAGC group who specializes in AirBNB. She is a pro and has a lot of airBNBs in cincinnati. If I were you, I would probably reach out to her and consult her. She is usually seen in the meetings helping other members of the group. 

    Can you send me her contact info?

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2022 · 34 posts · 13 votes
    3y

    Her name is Yiwei Chen. Sorry, I don't have her contact info. You can probably email REIAGC and get her info. He's very helpful.  Good luck! 

  • Arian HoxhaPro Member
    Realtor · Fairfield, CT · Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    @James Robert yes depending on factors such as area and needs for the STR

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.