Property in Puerto Vallarta Mexico

Property in Puerto Vallarta Mexico

Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I have 2 properties in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. One of the properties is getting rented out for $250 a month and the other needs to be fixed up. I want to turn the rentable property into a Airbnb. I live in Texas where do I get started what should I be looking for. 

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael BaumPro Member
Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
3y

Ok @Alex Patino. Is STRing even allowed in the complex? It sounds like a condo? That is the first thing you need to check.

If it is allowed, then you need to see what others are doing in the area. Check other places like yours. What is their nightly rate, occupancy and amenities?

Get on AirBNB and VRBO to check the comps. That will give you an idea of what you should be able to do.

Next up would be furnishing it which is another topic in itself. One step at a time.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Maybe @Mike Lambert can chime in. He knows a lot more about Mexico than most.

    $250 a month? That is practically free. Is it in a nice area? I don't know much about PV.

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    Maybe @Mike Lambert can chime in. He knows a lot more about Mexico than most.

    $250 a month? That is practically free. Is it in a nice area? I don't know much about PV.

    It is in a nice area 24 hr security.

    10 minutes from the airport.

    20 from the beaches.

    The community has a pool as well I want to make a plan to make it a Airbnb but I don’t know where to start

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Ok @Alex Patino. Is STRing even allowed in the complex? It sounds like a condo? That is the first thing you need to check.

    If it is allowed, then you need to see what others are doing in the area. Check other places like yours. What is their nightly rate, occupancy and amenities?

    Get on AirBNB and VRBO to check the comps. That will give you an idea of what you should be able to do.

    Next up would be furnishing it which is another topic in itself. One step at a time.

  • Mike LambertPro Member
    Investor · The Americas and Europe · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Alex Patino

    It your properties are at 20 minutes from the beach by car, that's likely way too far for a short-term rental.That's the first thing you have to check. Alternatively, you could rent by the month to digital nomads but the location doesn't sound attractive to them either.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.