User Stats

Votes
Ryan Richmond
Votes |
Storm door preference for STR & MTR

Ryan Richmond
Posted Apr 8 2023, 07:17

Hey Y'all,

I recently installed a storm door at my primary and enjoy it so much I am looking at installing these at my short and medium term rentals.  

I found some discussions on general tradeoffs for having a storm door at traditional rentals and potential for damage and replacement. For a STR or MTR that is already furnished I believe the risk of tenant damage from moving furniture is reduced and the added benefit for my guests to enjoy the breeze on a pleasant day is worth the risk.

I've selected the same door I put on my primary.  The Larson Tradewinds that I purchased through Lowes.  It closes securely and has a gas piston at both the top and bottom to maintain a smooth closure but the feature that really appeals to me is that the storm window remains permanently inside the door frame and slides down to open the screen.  I'll probably have to make a short instruction for my guests because there is a locking tab in the middle of the door that needs to be released to open the screen.  

There is also a risk of creating a lock out situation from the storm door.  I may disable the storm door lock.

Looking for some feedback from other hosts if the guest benefit of having a storm door is work it.  I don't have these installed now and have yet to get a review or feedback asking for a storm door so I may just be creating more trouble for myself.

Appreciate it and looking forward to your feedback.

Ryan

Loading replies...