Realtor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 17 votes
Good morning BP,
Just curious if anyone had experience with STRs in the Jekyll Island area of the East Coast of GA there. We have always loved traveling out there for vacations or day trips while we lived in Savannah, but I am a little concerned that the market is too small for a stable STR. Anyone with experience in the area?
Investor · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 754 votes
3y
Check out other properties on Airbnb/VRBO and see how they are doing and what the competition is like. Also I’m sure you can find some market specific fb groups too that may help!
Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
3y
Hey @Thomas Nordberg, so I did a quick search and there aren't many places for sale.
There are quite a few STRs on the island. I looked at VRBO and prices are between $120 and over $400 a night depending. SFHs seem to do OK. Prices are all over the board as well so you will really have to drill down and make sure it can work.
Condos are in the 400k range, homes are nearing 1m.