Need digital sliding door lock solutions for airbnb guests, any thoughts?

Need digital sliding door lock solutions for airbnb guests, any thoughts?

Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 8 votes

Hey guys I wanted to know what you solution is when your main door is a sliding deck door? We don't want to use a traditional lockbox with a key and are trying to find a digital solution where the key code changes that won't break the bank

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2022 · 527 posts · 413 votes
3y

It’s not a door lock but a digital lockbox (I have condo restrictions on what I can use). It’s called igloo home. Pretty cool lock. Integrates with Airbnb and some other PMS. You can create random pins for each guest remotely. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Smart home device like Google smart lock. You can lock and unlock completely remotely. 

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    Hey @Alfred Dimartini, there is only one that I know of right now - https://lockly.com/

    Now, having said that, it appears that it's release is delayed. It was announced at CES 2021, but I haven't seen one yet for sale.

    Now Yale makes one specifically for Andersen doors.

    E-Lok has one, but I am not sure if it is a smart lock or not - https://www.e-lok.com/product-...  I think it uses a proprietary hub or interface.

    Frankly all of these solutions are expensive. $500 plus.

  • Sarah KensingerPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · OH · Member since 2023 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    If you try any of the locks suggested, I would love to know what you think!

  • Member since 2022 · 527 posts · 413 votes
    3y

    It’s not a door lock but a digital lockbox (I have condo restrictions on what I can use). It’s called igloo home. Pretty cool lock. Integrates with Airbnb and some other PMS. You can create random pins for each guest remotely. 

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y

    I don’t have any need or desire but your quest was interesting so I spent a little time on Google…

    https://thesmartcave.com/sliding-door-smart-lock/

    Most of them are $300-$400 but there is a DIY option for about $100. 
    they all looked kinda cool especially for a business you can write them off. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.