Florida with ocean access STR. Help!!

Florida with ocean access STR. Help!!

DORAL, FL · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 10 votes

I’m looking for any guidance, info, or decent connections I can find.

I am interested in purchasing a 3+ bedroom home with ocean access (boat dock/slip) that I can rent as STR as well as use as a weekend getaway vacation home from time to time. It can be dock frontage directly on property or community dock nearby which is less common.

I live in Miami so preferably within 2 hour drive from me. That would probably encompass marco island, south naples, treasure coast, and upper keys. 

I want to make this happen but would like to make sure I take measured risk and do my due diligence as I have not rehabbed or been a landlord before. 

Wish it was as easy as having the cash and credit to do it but without proper research I know that’s a formula to quickly lose my behind. 

I am grateful for any input and guidance. Thanking you in advance. 

0Reply
118 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 300 votes
3y

@Justin Cabral

Cape Coral is another area you might consider; I've sold a number of STR's here. You get a lot more bang for your buck here especially for gulf-access homes with access from the canals right in your back yard. We've had a quieter than normal STR season this year but it will likely pick up as we get closer to winter season. If you can find a home here (or elsewhere) that's already furnished as an STR with solid rents and reviews, even better.

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Hi Justin 

    how is your search going? I m in Naples FL Please let me know if I can help in anyway?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.